Hunter/Sniper's role in WoE

Started by Hakumei, May 14, 2008, 03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakumei

I'd like someone to tell me Hunter/Sniper's role in WoE. I'd like to help my guild more as in where's the best place to trap or shoot people from.

CookieEater

Sadly, people expect you to put on a Combat Knife and a shield and run around spamming traps, meaning you'll rarely actually kill anything.

However, with a proper build Falcon Assault becomes a viable option. Get high Dex for the cast time reduction and because it adds damage, and redistribute the rest of your stats between Vit and Int, for HP and more damage respectively.
Equip a Sniping Suit and two Expert Rings, and your after-cast delay will drop by 33%, to 2 seconds. That second WILL matter. If you can get a Kiel-D01 card, you can pull off another second, but don't count on that. Though you can always hope.

The Falcon is affected only by Raydric/Deviling, and Ghostring. This meaning it will ignore Thara Frog and Berets, not to mention Def, just like your traps will. Someone could use a Pest card in his shield for -5%, but nobody ever will ;)

B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Hakumei

Ouu, that sounds pretty nice. The combat Knife and thara frog idea always sounded lame to me.

CookieEater

Well, as a Falcon Assault user you have no need for a bow, so you'll probably wear those for the reduction anyway ^^

Pandora

Huh what? Hunters can kill people in woe. Sure traps are awesome, that doesnt stop sniper from killing too, especially when people are stuck in your traps thats the best time to snipe them, along with the rest of your guildmates.

I personally prefer a full dex DS build, but falcon build which ignores defense is cool too.

@CookieEater I think FA skill doesnt ignore thara/beret since it's still a demi-human attack, but it does bypass def which is nice. And pest is an armor card btw maybe you meant another card?
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

AlviN

well hunters are hunters... they stand out in hunting stuff rather than woe... i dont rly have high hopes to dominate hunters in woe since they dont have an offensive skill upgrade when transed, still using good'ol DS -.-'... thats why assassin dominates woe bcoz their name sez it all...
:-[
pack that sheet!

CookieEater

Quote from: Pandora on May 14, 2008, 05:31 PM
@CookieEater I think FA skill doesnt ignore thara/beret since it's still a demi-human attack, but it does bypass def which is nice. And pest is an armor card btw maybe you meant another card?
Falcon Assault ignores modifiers from Race and Size, but not Element. At least, it's supposed to.

And yeah, it was Parasite. I just remembered.

Edit:
(IroWiki)
  Information

* Requires a Falcon.
    * Blitz Beat is always neutral element but will bypass Raydric cards in PvP if elemental arrows are equipped.
    * Damage is based on INT, DEX, and Steel Crow.
    * Steel Crow adds 6 points per level, up to 60.
    * Each hit delivers: 80 + 6*(Steel Crow lvl) + 2*Floor(INT/2) + 2*Floor(DEX/10)
    * Cards increasing ATK will not affect the damage of Blitz Beat and it will not inflict status ailments.
    * Blitz Beat will bypass Guard.
    * Blitz Beat will bypass Defending Aura in PvP and WoE.

(RMS)
Effect:  Orders your Falcon to attack, delivering SkillLV hits to all enemies in a 3x3 area around the target for a total of ([DEX/10] + [INT/2] + 3*Steel Crow SkillLV + 40)*2) using Neutral Element. This skill ignores Def and MDEF and damage modification cards for size and family, but not elemental property.

Note that FA and BB use the same calculation. FA takes the final BB damage, and multiplies that.

blackgh05t

I've never met a sniper I couldn't outpot. Sorry. ( I only play 99/70's )

To me, you're much more useful trapping, Status Arrow Showering, and Detecting.   The only reason I DS is soft characters ( like wizzies ), or to pin down sinX's so they can be Asura'd easier by an incomming champ.  Status arrow shower is a godsend VS mobs of invaders.

Savage bebe + Magnolia + Farmiliar + Metaller + Flash Arrow = Sexy.

Just my take on it.
eos
Est. 2008

Hakumei

Hmm, good advice, but I play a HR. xDD The status resistance is too high, and I've tried twice to ask to reduce it, but the community doesnt like major changes. We're slowly getting there though.

SoulPunch

Ok, since younow say high rate i would go for auto-casts.

Whats always nice for your weapon (since status effects dont work) is metaling (Divest weapon), one of the thanatos boss cards (decrease agi), Marina or Freeze Arrows (mostly for pnuema users).

I dunno how high your max stats lay at, but for a server with 199 max stats you basically just click & shoot arrows, where 99 max stats i would possibly go for a Triple Bloody Boned bow and DS spam.

You could go for the FA build but if anyone has gr your build is sorta killed.

Hakumei

Hmm..my max stats here are 200. I dont think divest and marina is such a great idea, since everyone uses FP or Marc in WoE.

SoulPunch

I'm not sure howmany GR's run around on your server, and if marc is most used armor card then marina isnt probably for you. Where i played on a mid rate there were alot of GR's around and it was the main armor in most cases therefore marina worked well on people that had auto-cast pnuema.

Maybe a more damage output bow (triple bloody boned) and ifrit rings(?), depends how common they are yet again.

You could just go for max aspd whateva it be, a high amount of dex & other stats your choice & DS spam. Yet, FA spam works fine if there are minimum GR users. And if you can get a clown to magic strings/Poem of Bragi and then its really good dmg output.

If you are defending you should be trapping the entrance of the emp room (or best place you reckon to trap for your defence to defend). Best traps to use are snare & shockwave, others arent that great for high rates.