How Does Beast Strafing Work?

Started by Necro, Apr 16, 2017, 05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necro

Seriously I'm getting so frustrated with it. I know *how* to use it. I understand the concepts. Soul Link, Double Strafe->Beast Strafe.

BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!

I legitimately feel like I'm the only one who has this issue. I googled for like half an hour, and spammed hotkeys for about an hour before giving up and making my own thread here.
The only times I have *ever* gotten it to work was by spamming both DS and BS hotkeys and hoping for the best. Which is not how I want to play this game.

Is there a certain way you're supposed to use the skills? I've tried just DS then hitting BS. I've tried DS then hitting BS into another DS. I literally just don't know how to do it. I'm getting mad. i've played RO for years and this is the first time I've ever just been stumped by such a simple mechanic. At this point I feel like it's a bug. PLEASE someone help me.

flipflop9000

I think you might be spamming the skills too fast? I've had that problem before too, turns out I was trying to mash buttons too quickly.

Anyway the order is always DS before BS. hence DS>BS>DS>BS>DS>BS>......

Try it in a slow pace like this hunter does:

Spoiler

Hope it helps!

Necro

It didn't really help me. Just left me more confused.

First of all, how is he able to DS without clicking on his target? Secondly I've tried that exact timing a hundred times. I've only been able to trigger it by going much faster than that in regards to spamming as fast as I possible can.

But yeah like I said. I know the basic concept behind it being DS<BS<DS<BS. I just can't actually get it to trigger.
I do appreciate it though. I can work some more later and see what is going on. (Seriously how is he able to shoot without even targeting them)

Let's say I have DS on 3 and BS on 4. This is my exact process.

3<click on goat<4<3<click on goat<4  This process should be how you beast strafe as far as I'm aware. It won't work for me. What does work for me is this....

343434343434343434 with clicks in there just as fast as mashing both buttons.

snakeside

3 - click - 4 - click - 3 - click - 4 click

pillbug

I've found BS to be broken or behaving differently in a lot of past servers. Which one are you on currently?

Quote from: Necro on Apr 16, 2017, 09:35 AM
First of all, how is he able to DS without clicking on his target?

Notice the watermark at the bottom-right corner of the video. You're watching a ROreplay. These allow for full camera control over recorded events.

The video is to help demonstrate the frequency of your attacks.

Zereges

Quote from: snakeside on Apr 16, 2017, 12:01 PM
3 - click - 4 - click - 3 - click - 4 click
Not actually. It's 3 - click - 4 - 3 - click - 4 - 3 - click - 4
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta RheĆ®> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Necro

Thanks for all the replies.

I hadn't considered it could just be broken on this server before. I'm playing on SuccessRO (although I may not be for much longer. It's not very active.)

Also the built in recording thing is after my time. It's been a while since I played RO. thanks for the heads up about it.

So 3-click-4 was the correct procedure then? Glad to know I'm not just taking crazy pills. I've played RO for years and never been a fan of Hunter before so this is basically my first time. I was like sure I'm not this bad....
If I use the exact same setup as in the video yall showed me. Targeting Seals instead of Goats and same timing and whatnot, I still get no results. Spamming and getting lucky seems to be the only way I can make it work on the current server I'm on. I suppose I'll find another low rate with more activity later tonight and see how it goes there.