Alot of noob questions regarding snipers.

Started by emiliana, Sep 27, 2008, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emiliana

I hope this is the right forum to post this here, I understand if this gets moved, or whatever.
I am having a really tough time leveling my sniper.. currently I am level 80.
Most of the guides I am look at tell me to level in Gefenia.. what? I get torn apart there. Also Thors.. don't get me started on Thors. I am so stuck it isn't funny. I'm either too strong to get decent exp from some places, but the ones one step above I am too weak.
This is my build so far:
str 2 + 5
agi 41 + 10
vit 1 + 2
int 45 + 3
dex 99 + 22
luk 1 + 4
As of now I do not rely on traps are anything of the sort. I use my falcon every so often. The skills I focus on are wind walk, true sight, and double straffe.
I KNOW I STINK HORRIBLY, LOL. This is why I am coming here, so I can have better insight.
Currently I'm tracking down/ saving up for a wool scarf.
My equip
marionette doll + mystcase
Great bow + zipper bearx3
tights
shadow walk
Again, bad, I know. Perhap this is why leveling is so hard.. My questions are this: how should i adjust my build, what better equips  do I Need, and where I should level up until 90? 
Please go easy on me.
~

fluidin

Tracking down a Wool Scarf? Why not just hit Cursed Abbey then. EXP and drops are both good.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Poki

Get fly wings, and SP item recovery items as well as a lot of holy arrows.

If you can't get any SP recovery items, go to gonryun and equip fire arrows and shoot down trees for some honey and royal jellies.

Now, equip the holy arrows and head to sphinx level 4.  Go kill anubis and fly wing to find them quicker and to avoid mobs.  You just need to keep your distance and spam Double Strafe and heal yourself whenever you need to.

You should get to level 99 easily since they're awesome exp.

(This is just a possibility of levelling quicker, that's all. )

Bootleg

Quote from: Poki on Sep 28, 2008, 11:10 AM
Get fly wings, and SP item recovery items as well as a lot of holy arrows.

If you can't get any SP recovery items, go to gonryun and equip fire arrows and shoot down trees for some honey and royal jellies.

Now, equip the holy arrows and head to sphinx level 4.  Go kill anubis and fly wing to find them quicker and to avoid mobs.  You just need to keep your distance and spam Double Strafe and heal yourself whenever you need to.

You should get to level 99 easily since they're awesome exp.

(This is just a possibility of levelling quicker, that's all. )

Actually I think the Kasas in Thor Volcano are better :P
But...of course MUCH MUCH harder.

~~T~~

Quote from: Bootleg on Sep 29, 2008, 09:18 PM
Actually I think the Kasas in Thor Volcano are better :P
But...of course MUCH MUCH harder.
Kasas fireball you way too constantly when away, and seeing how it spams it deals around 2k damage per ball, and normally hunters have 7k HP, it would leave you to spam white pots, which will drain more likely 90% of the money you get(along with Juices and Honey), I guess Kasas gave me good XP per kill, but it would only be good if I was a asura monk, that can isntantly kill almost anything.
As a hunter, Anubis gave me "nice" XP and didn't hit me too much, they would die easily, but when I went to Thor, Kasas not only mobs sometimes, but Meteor Storm(Stun sometimes) and Balls killed me every time(Even with reduction gear), and the HP needed more like Three times more DS's, and so three times more potions. Could kill just one with normal reduction gear.

To me, Kasas are for someone who got enough money to burn with gear and pots, more XP per kill, while Anubis give more XP per minute and is cheap to kill.

locked1nside

suggest to party with some priest/high priest.
with your status.. i think your attack speed s*ck*...
better to increase more agility.
and play trap often. because trap is really the advantage of this class.
if you pro in this trap.. you can go solo in any monster you want.
suggest for mobs.. monster with low vitality.
;D

watdapak

Bring wind arrow and go to ice_dun03 and kill ice titan.. exp is better in ice_dun03

bleu

Try checking this out
http://write.ratemyserver.net/ragnoark-online-character-guides/huntersniper-faq-guide-lowrate-by-ramzah/
http://write.ratemyserver.net/ragnoark-online-character-guides/bulls-eye-a-guide-to-snipers/

GEARS
marionette doll + mystcase
Great bow + zipper bearx3
tights
shadow walk

Gears, yes... u do need to work on it. Most hunters use +10 Comp Bow (2 racial cards + 2 size cards or + 2 element card). For example: Anubis (Demi Human/Undead/Large) +10 Comp Bow (Hydra X2 + MInorousX2) with silver/holy arrows. Just use a stat calculator to try out different combination and what suits your budget. I am not sure about Zipper Bear cards, it gives nice attack bonus but it also take 3SP with each attack (3 cards). Most hunters have high Attack Speed (ASPD), so they can suck a lot of SP in a short time, but you have about the same INT and AGI. So, I am not sure... maybe because your ASPD is lower than other hunters, and with decent amount of INT/SP, you actually do not feel the side effects of Zipperbear cards.

Get rid of the Headgear. STR do not help hunter class much. And myst case also don't help you. You need something which gives DEX - thats your firepower. +4Apple of Archer will be the basic. If you think u are taking a lot of damage; some racial reduction headgear might be good - Beret 10% reduction in damage from demi-humans.

Tights are ok. +1 DEX. Thats the basic I guess. But if you want to go places like Thor, u will need a Pasana card. It make your armor Fire Property so you will receive lesser damage from "any" fire element attack dished out by the Kasa - example: Fire Ball. As a sniper, one of the better armor is the Snipping Suit[1] - but I don't think it comes cheap.

Shadow walk. 0 DEF and 10MDEF and a chance to autocast cloak. I don't like the 0DEF here. Look at the weblink above for some recommendations.

Wool scarf is good yes. You may wanna get the Tidal shoes for some added combo bonus. But before you get your woll scarf[1], you need to put some gears in the slot. Leaving it empty is not good. A minimum should be a +4 Mufller[1] even without any cards, would be better than nothing at all. Whisper card for some flee, a Dragon Tail card for more attack power with DS, Raydric if u wanna reduce neutral damage, get something you can afford...Look at the weblink above for some recommendations.

Accesories?
Most hunters use   Glove for DEX, Glove[1] Zenomr for more DEX, Bow Thimble for more long range attack power...if you really cannot afford anything I will ask u to get two Rosary[0] from Prontera church NPC for some added LUK and MDEF. LUK will help with the frequency of your auto bliz attack since u have decent INT. Not the best accesories, but its cheap - 15,000z per rosary.( use a merchant for another 24% discount)

BUILT
str 2 + 5
agi 41 + 10
vit 1 + 2
int 45 + 3
dex 99 + 22
luk 1 + 4

Round of your dex to the nearest 10s. From what I gather, your Sniper is very fragile. She cannot FLEE much with low AGI, and also could not take much damage with low VIT. Going to Thor lvl 1 is a suicide mission. As long as no monsters lay their nasty little fingers on her, she might stand a chance of killing them first, before she get knocked out. But how often does that happen? Quite rare especially in a high level dungeon like Thor. AGI/DEX is the classic built. U can flee monsters like Anubis (so, u can deal damage to them, without fearing that you get hit alot), and deal maximum damage to them with high DEX. For other possible builts, refer to weblink above.

Training Places
Without proper gears, a good built and some experience on how to play a Sniper to her fullest - you might find high level dungeons like Thor a bit too tough for you. Take it slow and easy. Take the opportunity to learn about your character. Find a place which you are comfortable and able to learn. It may not give u 30% base exp for every monster you kill, but you need to know how to walk before you can run. Levelling with party might help. You could watch and learn how another hunter kills. Partying with a friend (Priest) might help. You should tell your priest friend about your gears/experience, so they don't have too high of an expectation from you (less pressure for your part)... and would give some friendly pointers/tips along the way and you could use all the buffs u can get - including Gloria +30LUK will be interesting since u currently have a decent INT.

Aris

This is gear you should be GOING for, any other gear is useless because you're already a Sniper. + They're all easy to get

Ulle's Cap [1] with Nightmare card - You can also use a Incubus card for this slot which is 150+ more sp but I personally prefer the Nightmare card. - You can replace this with an Apple of Archer tho because Ulle's Cap drops from Atroce which a hunter/bard can solo but whatever.

Binoculars

Whatever you want in the low headgear spot but you can go for Gangster Mask since some monsters silence.

Armor, depends on what you want, you can go with a Venatu card which is 1 LUK for every 18 base AGI so good for a auto blitz beat build. But, always use a Odin's Blessing for this slot on a sniper because you'll get a 10% sp reduction with 70+ dex. So that's 10 per DS instead of 12 and that is good imo. For Thor, use Odin's Blessing with a Pasana Card so you can kill very easy.

Weapon, depends on what you're killing. For Thor it's good to use a +10 Composite Bow [4] with 2 Vadon Cards and 2 Peco Peco Egg cards. Just change the cards in the same type of bow depending on what you need to kill, so for example have 2 Hydra and 2 Skeleton Worker cards for PvP or Demi Human/Medium Monsters. (you can also use 4 Abyss Knight cards for a Thor bow which can also be used for MvPing)

Garment, use whatever garment you want but stick a Dragon Tail Card in it as it's very good.

Shoes, use Leather Boots [1] with a Male Thief Bug Card. - You can also replace it with a Blue Acidus card as that's decent also but you lose +2 agi.

Accessory, use 2 Glove [1] with Zerom Cards in them.

Stats - I usually have 99DEX and 99AGI for DS spamming with around 30 INT and maybe 15STR or so for weight at level 99/70 and it gives me 188 ASPD with 7k per DS on Kasas.

You can also get the Green Iguana card and hunt the +3 DEX food that it drops which it isn't really hard to farm since you can just Arrow Shower the eggs in Anthell. I usually got about 6-7 kills per run in Thor with this build... and I only die if I get mobbed by a ninja Bow Guardian as Sword Masters miss o.o. Don't forget that you should always have a priest buffer.

Hope this basic guide helps.