[Non-Renewal] Quick question on Bard/Gypsy songs

Started by Dazzu, Apr 08, 2013, 08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzu

I play on this server that is on non-renewal, though a few renewal items have been implemented. I have a question whether this issue is a bug or not:

- Bard casts Bragi's Poem at prt_fild01 100 100
- Bard warps away to another location, but still on the same map. eg. prt_fild01 50 50
- Bragi's Poem is still active at the (100, 100) coordinates.

As far as I remember, if the bard warps, the skill should cancel, or doesn't it?

SukiChii

Sarin

Ending a song/dance by other means than timeout of skill or using adaptation to circumstances to end it causes the effect to persist on those affected for several seconds before ending. A good bard/dancer can juggle two or three songs/dances by switching weapons to induce this effect.

The other issue is graphical effect that might not be properly terminated when teleporting, but that's only visual. No gameplay effect.

Triper

Depending on the settings of the server[like if it follows the officials settings or just goes with the usual or newest pservers settings], the song will be cancelled if[posting the ones I remember, I may miss some or even be wrong on something but this is what I remember]:

Officials:
- Swap the weapon to a non-instrument type
  - you've Chello on and change to Combat Knife will cancel the song
  - you've Chello on and change to another Chello, the song won't be cancelled
- Change map
- change position at the map by some teleport way like fly wing, teleport skill or even e-call
- use adaptation to circumstances[or whatever is called]
- being dispelled
- char being ganba'd[works on duets, don't remember exactly if it works on song non-duets but should I guess]
- if the song is a duet, ganba can be used to make holes on the song[I don't really remember if this also works for songs like bragi but I remember to see it working on duets like loki]
- lp being used on top of it[this is tricky, lp will cancel songs like bragi but you can re-cast the bragi over the lp and it will work but lp will cancel at 100% duets so even if you recast, it will fail]
- elemental area boosters[or whatever you want to call it] like deluge will also work similar to lp and cut area of a song so you can consider it a bit of cancel on a portion of an area
- ice wall will also work a bit like the previous item - the area covered by ice wall won't have the song effect even if ice wall makes puff after a while and the song is still ongoing
- another song being used over it

Pservers:
- Since the swap thing is something that wasn't implemented before like 1-2 years ago[something like that, may be less or more, dunno exactly when it was implemented] so is a bit recent and not everybody that play pservers is used to that so, some pservers prefer to ignore it and go with:
  - swap to any weapon will cancel the song
- Other stuff should work at 100% afaik

Also, don't forget that after using and cancelling a song/walking out of the area of the song, the effect will stay on the chars affected for a couple of seconds[20 or 30 seconds, something like that]. If I remember it right, this timer won't go off even if you teleport, only a log out will kill it.

Dazzu

Thank you for your answers.

@Triper
I haven't checked all the conditions of cancelling the song. Though what I know is that it forcibly cancels the song when the Clown switches from a musical instrument to a dagger or bow-type weapon, casting Adaption to Circumstances, and dispel. When another song is cast over it, it deals a persisting small amount of damage (on both casted songs) but still gives the effect.

When the clown casts a song, and teleports anywhere within the map, the effect and visuals of the song stays on the previous area where the clown teleported from. So I'm guessing that this is a bug?

Latin

That's a visual bug particular to your server, I guess. I never had those bug on the servers I've been playing.

Also, when 2 songs overlap, their effect will cancel each other and will spawn a Dissonance. It's explained in Dissonance description methinks. This dissonance will last for about 30 seconds.

Triper

If this is what you're talking, it's as they say:
Quotevisual bug

The pic isn't really perfect but was the best that I could find at google to match the question. It doesn't happen only with Bragi, happens with any song if your server has that problem.

Dazzu

It looks more like this.

Note: The AOE moves when I walk around. It was done with @warp, but it can be also done using a warp portal anywhere within the map.

I'm guessing the tweaks made in the server somehow messed the song up.

Astraeos

Depends. On officials if you are warped by Giant Fly Wings you'll keep your song up (not ensambles because of how you can land randomly outside the range of ensamble). I think @warp and Fly Wings work a slightly different principles. A simple test with a bard and high wizard would tell you everything you need to know.

As for Bragi and LP, they shouldn't interfere with each other (may be different for other servers). But Bragi will prevent you from putting things like Deluge down on the same cells.