[Non-Renewal] Clown AV PVP build

Started by Zshinobi, Nov 13, 2011, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zshinobi

Mostly theory crafting here, but we'll assume that MVP cards are unobtainable.

Server info: 99/70, max stat 99, 190 ASPD, Sprite Editing allowed

Calculated using RMS Non-Official Calculator

Stats:

STR: 6+18
AGI: 58+33
VIT: 80+3
INT: 10+15
DEX: 98+52
LUK: 1+4

With Agi/Bless, Attention Concentrate, Owl's Eye, Job bonus and equipments.

Equipments:

Upper Headgear : Large Baphomet Horns (12% DemiHuman Resist)
Middle Headgear: Robo Eyes
Bottom Headgear: Grampa Beard / Gentleman Pipe
Armor: Sprint Mail with Marc
Garmet: Diablos Manteau with Raydric
Footgear: Sprint Shoes with Matyr
Shield: Thorny Shield with Thara
Accessory 1: Sprint Ring
Accessory 2: Expert Ring with Zerom

Weapon would be ideally a Glorious Guitar. If not possible, then a BG guitar.

But those require some work to obtain. So temporary weapon would be the Triple Bloody Boned Violin (or are there better options?)

With these stats and equipments I currently have:

11320/1009 HP/SP
174.9 ASPD with Concentration potion
Instant Cast
-25% Cast Delay

With linked Bragi I have NO cast delay. This should allow me to spam Arrow Vulcan at a fairly decent rate.

My questions are:

Are there better options for the Garment and Shield?
How about the Cards? Especially for the Garment and Shoes.
And the stat distribution, is 80 VIT alright or too high?

This is the first serious Clown (ikr) I've made and I'm not too sure how to build him.

Triper

Quick Note - AV, even if one of the few skills to kill at PVP with a clown aside Tarot, is bad as DPS.

KVM Guitar > BG Tierra Guitar > BG Flavius Guitar > Oriental lute[Hydra x2] > Chello[2 hydra, 1 skel worker] > Violin[3hydra, 1 skel worker] in AV dmg I think.

The Build isn't bad, seems fairly ok but you may rethink gears, clown is a versatile class[even more with link even if being dependent in buffs sucks a bit] where you can mix flee/hp gears and even swap a grimtooth dagger and evade probably all Sonic Blows without being stun[99% people will just tell you to go reduce gears at 100% and ignore this fact which in most of the cases is true and better but flee indeed works for some sinx pvp whores servers].

You just forgot one detail with the build, you've animation delay so even at -100% aftercast delay you can't cut it at 100% but ofc it makes it easier to chain AVs.

Better options for gear - KVM SET/Proxy with nox+KVM Shoes+diabolus robe
Noxious > Raydric for pvp for lazy swappers/when you don't know what element will hit you
Get a smokie acess, hide is super awesome when you get used to it.

Dunno what more, lazy to think a lot at the moment D:

Zshinobi

Quote from: Triper on Nov 13, 2011, 04:26 PM
You just forgot one detail with the build, you've animation delay so even at -100% aftercast delay you can't cut it at 100% but ofc it makes it easier to chain AVs.

Oops. Maybe I should have highlighted it, but Sprite Editing is allowed on the server, so animation delay should not be a problem.  ;D

And what about the shield? Which shield should I use?

Kensei

I don't think there's a shield or shield card that could improve AV damage (Zealotus improves Musical Strike only), so just go for protection.
Bradium/Valk Shield with Horn/Thara, I guess?

Triper

There are [luciola vespa, aqua elemental, draco, etc...] but is useless since everybody has like near 0 delay in that server for sure. I still say that survive > everything at fights without killing damage because if not he could go for roween and galion cards for when he frost joker someone.