War of Emperium ~ Tournament 2009

Started by yC, Jul 14, 2009, 06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

Hello all,

Not long ago I was approached by the organizer of this WoE Tournament Event.  I feel this could bring some fun to people that love WoE and PvP in RO.  So I voluntarily agreed to help to get the words out for the event.  Now the date is determined, it will happen on Sunday July 26th, 2009.  I wrote this page that have the basic information and links to the details:

http://ratemyserver.net/woe_tournament_2009.php

I won't repeat what is said in there.  I suggest anyone who is interested to form a team and join it.  If you have any suggestion to the event, you should do so in the event's discussion forum.

As we all know, RMS is lacking staff so we will not participate in the actual hosting or on-server help-out during the event.  The organizing server (Feel-RO) will handle the scripting and mechanism necessary to provide a smooth and professional event experience.

To the RMS community, I would like to hear what do you think about the event and should RMS help public similar events in the future.  It was many people's idea to host an inter server event, I can recall things like this was discussed more than a few times in this forum over the years.  Though the technical difficulties seems to stop people from making it into reality.  Let's see how this one goes, hopefully it will be great and encourage more event of this sort in the future to lighten up the RO private server community.

- yC

retibution

Finally 1st Post gonna edit
But all i can say right nao is THis Topic & Event is filled WITH:

Zelos

I think it'll be great for competitive WoE/PvP players.

Poki

Heh, I thought and always have thought of this.  It'll probably go very well.  It's pure excitement and enjoyment, no levelling or hunting needed, right?!  Whoop!  As for if RMS should help public events like this in the future, I say sure, if it goes well.

Only thing I'm worried about is that is I want to join but I don't have a guild with 60 players.  *Grumble grumble*  Time to unite!  It's morphin' time.

Relics

I've already said this, but this has loads of potential.
Could be one of the first events to interconnect servers, and possibly make a global ranking for WoE private servers.

DeePee

Feels more like a FeelRO advertisement like this. Isn't RMS supposed to be a neutral site? It kinda damages RMS' credibility.

It'd be more fair if you'd call it the FeelRO WoE Tournament and not associate RMS with it.

Relics

I don't think this should be classified as FeelRO advertisement, this could just open up upcoming WoE tournaments where other servers host it, and all of its mechanics + server stuff.. but RMS is the one who advertises/keeps track of results as a sort of global leaderboard.

Just a new concept that might work out 

DeePee

It might not be meant as an advertisement, but I always thought RMS was a neutral place. I think every server out there would want to host a WoE Tournament such as this. It's great publicity and will surely attract a lot of new players to your server.

Relics

Well true but.. if  this turns out to be a success then aftwards other servers could also host free-sign/insta gear up tournaments and advertise them through RMS.

DeePee

Obviously, but would RMS really allow any server who wants to hold an inter-server WoE Tournament to have a special page on RMS, with full support from RMS?

Relics

Dunno. That kind of stuff still needs to be heavily discussed

LiteX

Quote from: DeePee on Jul 15, 2009, 06:14 AM
Obviously, but would RMS really allow any server who wants to hold an inter-server WoE Tournament to have a special page on RMS, with full support from RMS?

Well, it's not biased, fRO is just organizing, any server can organize things for RMS right yC?
ライテ‐エクス

DeePee

It's the first time I've seen any server get a special page on RMS and have something on their server be actively promoted and supported by RMS :/

LiteX

Quote from: DeePee on Jul 15, 2009, 06:31 AM
It's the first time I've seen any server get a special page on RMS and have something on their server be actively promoted and supported by RMS :/

Didn't SchythRO have good ties with RMS before?
ライテ‐エクス

DeePee

No idea about that, but all I'm saying is that I see (saw) RMS as a neutral party in the world of Private RO servers. And an action like this kinda damages that a lot.