RMS Search Plugins / RMS Firefox Toolbar

Started by Rbread, Aug 11, 2007, 06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbread

Chu/Mwa (or whatever he is) suggested that there should be a RMS Toolbar for Firefox so I quickly whipped this up.

RMS Toolbar
Current Version: 1.0a
Download Page: Here

Functionality:

• Item DB Search
             By name - Includes variable settings
             By Description - Includes variable settings
             By Script - Includes variable settings
  • Mob DB Search
             By name
  • Skill Search
             By name
  • Shortcuts to various parts of the site

Link on Mozilla Sandbox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5505

Directions:
1. Download the attachment with the "open" option within Firefox.  If not, you will need to do a File->Open File->rmstoolbar.xpi.
2. Wait 3 seconds and click accept
3. Restart firefox and the toolbar should be showing up by default
4. Click the arrow next to the search button to get started.  You must pick the search option or else it will always lead to the main page.
5. Item/Mob Search options come with various variable options.  Click the arrow next to the text to receive the choices.
6. Item ID / Mob ID search is independent of all the variable settings.  It will overwrite all of them (Site search functionality).
7. The "Browse to..." button contains a list of shortcuts.  You can click the arrow next to the button to receive the choices.

An image of the toolbar is attached as well as the installation fire.

Disclaimer:
By downloading this plugin, you acknowledge that you understand all the risks that are involved.  We are not responsible for any damage that this extension may cause to your computer.

Thanks to Blackfire and Chu/Mwa/Whatever for testing.

RMS Search Plugins
Current Version: Final
Download Page: Here

Information:
These plugins have to be seperated as each of the pages count as an individual search engine.
  • Firefox Search Plugins:
             Item Name
             Item Description
             Monster Name
             Skill Name
  • Internet Explorer Search Plugins:
             Item Name
             Item Description
             Monster Name
             Skill Name

If you have any bugs or suggestions, please report it within this post or report it in our IRC chan at:
irc.deltaanime.net #ratemyserver.net

bentheexo

Loki FortunaRO

This is a really handy extension!  I'm sure to use this!  ;D

Transcend

nice work after all your database has merits ;)
can we put it on download in other places(with credit naturaly ) just to spead it

Rbread

You can just refer people to this topic.

NikitaDarkstar

So how do you downlaod that extentsion? I get a message that it's "in the sandbox" and then I can't find any way at all to download it (heck I can't even FIND it)

Rbread

Cladmi

I found something that could be upgraded on the toolbar.

When you open your firefox and write what you want to search, you realize : s*** I have not selected "Item name" research" and so you change the mode of research, but what happens ? What you had written is erased and you must write it one more time.

I think that what you write must be kept if you change the mode of research, but it is only my opinion.

Loki

Quote from: Cladmi on May 23, 2008, 08:14 AM

When you open your firefox and write what you want to search, you realize : s*** I have not selected "Item name" research" and so you change the mode of research, but what happens ? What you had written is erased and you must write it one more time.

I think that what you write must be kept if you change the mode of research, but it is only my opinion.

What item or monster could have a name so long that you're too lazy to rewrite it?

Cool add on. Using it right away!
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

AlucardTepes

Quote from: Cladmi on May 23, 2008, 08:14 AM

Fully agree on this :3

Sadly, the extension seems not to work fine on Firefox 3 RC1. The "research type" dropdown menu entries are actually working as if they were link to http://ratemyserver.net/, so there is no way to research anything (after choosing an entry from the dropdown, the only response is being redirected to rms homepage). It used to work on firefox 3 beta (I could be wrong on this, but I'm sure I used it.....)

- Edit: Nevermind, I fixed the incompatibilities myself...and also fixed the issue pointed out by Cladmi (@Riotblade: if you want it, PM me..) -

[color=#506070]Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.[/color]

Rbread

I'll update it when Firefox 3 is final.

Morrigane

Hi,

That Thing is really Woord.
But Me is a Opera-User.
So, is there also one for Opera? =/
(-<-<-[ Morrigane ]->->-)
Hindsight Scholar

(-<-<-[ Rideword ]->->-)
Baby pure Combo Monk

(-<-<-[ Deathword ]->->-)
pure Asura Champion

Zone

Can I get the source code?
I wanna make it for my version of Firefox, 3.0.4

bryon

Well, Firefox 3 has been 'final' for quite a while now (over a year?), and I tried fixing incompatibility issues, but I'm not that good with this stuff. So I ended up rewriting most of it, but it works nice and I like it. Hope you don't mind me sharing.

http://files.filefront.com/13937684

Annihilate

my pc says it isnt compatible with firefox 3.0.11 [tried installin the toolbar]

NemuKru

I don't like this, I LOVE it~! Its great for when I'm on the test server (Or my own) and i need a weapon or armor but I'm too lazy the go all the way the Rms's homepage and etc etc. Very nice, and i have no problems running this on FireFox.

Ready to help, anytime.

All players I use have an X. (e.g.- SisiX)
Use that to find me.

17dD

mystfitz

Is there a possibility that this is going to be updated and maintained?  I don't usually use additional toolbars, but this is one that I'm actually interested in trying out.
~Myst~

Tom~

Good question o:
Quote from: mystfitz on Oct 18, 2009, 12:57 AM
Is there a possibility that this is going to be updated and maintained?  I don't usually use additional toolbars, but this is one that I'm actually interested in trying out.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Sobe

Any possibility of getting this plug-in/toolbar updated so it's compatible with Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and up?

Usagimimi

Quote from: Sobe on Jan 12, 2011, 05:17 PM
Any possibility of getting this plug-in/toolbar updated so it's compatible with Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and up?

^ This; I use RMS all the time. This toolbar would be great for me :]

Karuna-tan

I would also love to use this toolbar, but since I abandoned Firefox and went with Opera, it's kinda... sad that I can't use it. Any possibility that there would be a version available for Opera users out there as well? :3
"Howard, you do know I've got a number of ways to poison you. In your sleep. Your food. You don't want that to happen do you?"

Rbread

Well, seeing how there's interest, I guess I could update it.

aleksia

DarkDevine

Quote from: Karuna-tan on Jan 16, 2011, 06:48 PM
I would also love to use this toolbar, but since I abandoned Firefox and went with Opera, it's kinda... sad that I can't use it. Any possibility that there would be a version available for Opera users out there as well? :3

You can do it for Opera by yourself.
Go to your settings to the tab "Search".
Then you add those:

Name: "RMS Item Search"
Shortcut: "item"
URL: "http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?iname=%s&itype=-1&page=item_db&quick=1&isearch=Search"

Name: "RMS Monster Search"
Shortcut: "mob"
URL: "http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=%s&page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search"

Apply and save.

From now on you can just type e.g "item Red Potion" or "mob Poring" in your address bar and it will search it with RMS
TotalRO - 10x/10x

eralp

asiaragnarok

wow.. nice wonderful.. its been a long time but i just know it -_-