RMS Forum is Hiring

Started by yC, May 16, 2009, 10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

Hello,

It has been almost a month since one of our global moderator (JJJ) left the job.  I can see Descent and Pow is doing a fine job.  As such, Descent will be promoted to moderate more area of the forum (that include Server Discussion,  Server Advertisement & sub-forum, Server Reviews and Server Seeking) so he can help out more.

It is my wish to have a team of quality staff to monitor this forum so I can focus on working on the main site without worries.   So, I believe it's time to employ more help to keep this forum organized.  Hopefully qualified people will apply. 

At this point, we will hire sectional moderators.  We will observe their performance and determine if they can be promoted to moderate more area of the forum or become a global moderator in the future.

Update 05-28-2009

Xarale and Relics are hired as RO Sectional Moderators.  They will moderate the RO sections, rms test server section and also the Off-topic sections.  In their applications, they are not working on/for any RO server at the current time.

Positions Available:

Ratemyserver.net Sectional Moderator

This position will moderate part or all of the following depend on experience: Server Discussion & sub-forum, Server Advertisement & sub-forum, Server Reviews and/or Server Seeking.

Applicant requirement: You cannot be a gm or owner of any RO server at the current time and while you are on the job.  Forum moderation experience is an asset.

Ragnarok Online Sectional Moderator

This position will moderate part or all of the following depend on experience: General Discussion & sub-forum, Job Discussion, Guides, Support, Downloads, Recruitment and/or Long Lost Friends.

Applicant requirement:  You cannot be the owner of any RO server at the current time and while you are on the job (being a staff is not a problem).  Exceptional RO knowledge is an asset.  Frequent solution provider in the listed sections is an asset.  Forum moderation experience is an asset.

Off Topic + Multimedia Sectional Moderator

This position will moderate part or all of the following depend on experience:  Share Music & sub-forum, Share Video & sub-forum, Share Other & sub-forum, General Chit Chat and/or Graphics.

Applicant requirement:   You cannot be the owner of any RO server at the current time and while you are on the job (being a staff is not a problem).  You can apply to this position only or you can apply to the other two positions plus take the duties of this position.  Forum moderation experience is an asset.

All moderators will be required to read, understand and work accordingly with the rules set out to govern this forum.  They will have to work directly under me and Pow, work as a team with other moderators and respect users in this forum. 

You may post your resume here or you can private message it to me.  You do not need to leave your msn/email if you wish to protect your privacy, we will contact you with private message in this forum.

Here is a sample format of what your application should look like:

[name] (optional)

[age] (optional)

[Occuption] (optional)

[Contact information] (optional)

[Position you are applying]

[Related Work Experience]

[RO Experience]

[Current relation to RO servers if any]

[Time you will be spend on your forum moderation job, average daily]

[Additional information you wish us to consider]

Those that applied before, we still have your applications.  You can apply here again if you want to update your resume.

We thank all applicant in participating, only qualified applicant will be contacted.

There is no closing date to this recruitment.  However, once we have a good enough team we will not look further into the applications until we need more staff.

yC

If you don't disclose, and anyone find out ... you will be fired.  It's like those lucky draw where family member of employee can't participate and even if you win your status will be voided  (... can't find a better example).

For the ratemyserver section, since it's dealing with server discussion directly we don't want GM or Owner to be in the there for obvious siding reason.  Because there is always the chance where your own server or the server you gm on show up in a discussion, review and/or hall of shame.

For everything including the above, RMS don't want unnecessary ties / associations to any server (owner) to create illusion of corruption.  If you apply as a GM of some server, we will also look at your tie/rank/position in the server to determine your suitability.  Say if you are the head gm or Admin of a server but you are not the owner, chances are your tie to the server is high and we might not want to hire you for that reason alone.  I am sorry if this is too picky, it's only reasonable for me to do that to keep the site/forum in good shape. 

Being in the RMS Team means you represent RMS, if you are in the RMS Team but also heavily represent some other server, then we have a problem.  Yes, you can say being a GM lower your chance of working here.  Of course it has an effect with reason mentioned previously (depending on your position and the position you are applying to), but we are not putting a clear cut on that to discourage applicants.

yC

Update

Xarale and Relics are hired as RO Sectional Moderators.  They will moderate the RO sections, rms test server section and also the Off-topic sections.  In their applications, they are not working on/for any RO server at the current time.

Zelos

Cool, congratulation again, Xarale and Relics.

horo

SilverStream~

BAA- ops ._.

No but really, the ones applying should really think about what they are going into.  RMS is a forum board that needs mature professional people.
When I say that I don't mean 30 year olds sitting and following every move that happens on here, but it needs attention, and the job should be taken seriously.

I've gotten pm's if I was going to apply, and I'm not going to because I know what kind of responsabillity this job is.  Kids applying are not fit for this job imo, no matter how mature they are, because they don't have the right mindset.  They also have parents to take into consideration, they can't be here all the time and maybe they get bored one day and decide to push someone over here or something.

It's not just to say "I want that job!", you have to think; What would I be doing, can I do it?, will I do it okay, bad, great?, should I apply? If I whine if I get let down, will it affect how I treat people here?

Most of all this is a job, not a play ground.  There are tons of people here, and some better then others, so think about applying.  Perhaps you know someone that might be a better fit then you?  In that case you should find out if they would be interested in working here.

Okay serious post away, stop sending me emails, I don't know who you are, and I doubt I would be accepted here, I'm too nice and proper apparently. Please stop =.='
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hutchy

I don't think it's quite as huge a deal as you made it, Silver, but I see where you're coming from.

Jr.Pow

Congrats Xarale and Relics.
-Jr.Pow

Zelos

Xarle and Relics are both doing a great job so far.
/no1

Pow

Quote from: GorthexTiger on Dec 04, 2009, 03:08 AM
^---------------- Was so copy-pasta.

Indeed.. It's not like this topic even needs to be replied to any more.. Relics and Xarale are both doing well.

-Pow
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

Usagimimi

I did read what Pow stated on December 3rd, 2010, but this is for future reference I guess (since I have a lot, and will have a lot, of spare time).

Languages: English; French; (some) Spanish
Time-Zone: GMT-5 (Eastern)
Contact Information: Do PM on RMS for MSN details
Position: Forum moderator (wherever required in the future)
Related Work Experience: NiktoutRO Loki Global Moderator (2007); FeelRO Shinai Moderator (2008); LunchboxRO Global Moderator (2010); CraftRO Global Moderator (2010); IntenseRO Global Moderator (2010)
RO Experience: Four (4) years on MRs, including NiktoutRO Loki, FeelRO Shinai, JustRO v1, EssenceRO, IntenseRO, LimitRO, derRO, etc.
RO GM Experience: NiktoutRO Loki (2007); JustRO v1; OracleRO; AriaRO
Current RO Server Relations: IntenseRO Global Moderator (Inactive)*
Availability: Random; basically 1-3h a day divided into random visits

As said, future reference; even if it's four months from now, I'll still be on RMS, and I'll still be available, so do keep this in consideration when/if a moderation position becomes available.

Thanks.

* Moderation positions do not include GM accounts; I do not have a GM account / administration rights on any server and I am not planning to acquire either at all. Ever.

Lucian

I too would like to post an application, if needed for the future.

Name - John

Age - 20

Contact Information - [email protected] (Please tell me who you are and where your from if you send me a friend request)

Position - Ragnarok Online Sectional Moderator or Off Topic + Multimedia Sectional Moderator.

Related Work Experience - Forum Administrator for AgonyRO, setup categories, forums, and moderated them. Forum Administrator on HarmonicRO, same work as AgonyRO. Global Moderator for StarliteRO, setup categories, forums, and moderated them for awhile. Later got a Public Relations job there.

RO Experience - Was a regular player for around a year or so, then decided to start some Helper guilds. Couple months after that I moved on to Event/Support GM work, slowly moving my way up. Then found out the forums system and have loved them forever.

Current relation to RO servers if any - None at the moment, I'm not interested in taking any in-game staff work anywhere, I'm focusing my work with forums for now.

Time you will be spend on your forum moderation job, average daily - Somewhere around 5 - 8 hours a day, more if I am free that day.

I'd love to get RMS back up to it's best, and to support the community in anyway possible.

Thank you for reading,
-Lucian

Shiryu

Name:
- Zack

Occuption
- None at the moment.

Contact information
- { I need privacy on this }

Position you are applying
- Forum Organization or Any job related in forums.

Related Work Experience
- I'm one of the Global Moderators of aeRO, in which I handle all the problems related in forum and in-game.

RO Experience
- I found ragnarok in 2003. I script, develop, design, sprite, work on client side. I experienced being a Game Master for several times. However, even my job is hectic, I still spending my spare time to browse the forum at any point.

Current relation to RO servers if any
-
- Global moderator of { aeRO }, Administrator and Developer of { WatchyRO and DemonRO }

Time you will be spend on your forum moderation job, average daily
- Frankly, I never off in aeRO IRC chat if some of you knows it... The truth is, I will spend 18 to 19 hours of my life by browsing & helping RateMyServer community for a better gaming and searching experience here in our forum. However, its up to the RateMyServer admin(s) of which task he might hand on me.

Additional information you wish us to consider
- Consider that I'm a trustable person that every people I work with can rely and count on me in anytime.

Warm regards,

Ajax

aeRO Old-School {Everyone is equal | No donation | No Customs} | 99/70 | aeRO Mayaan { 255/80 } aeRO Turbo { 999/80 }
aeRO Gaming Network Main SiteaeRO GunZ Main Site

DragonMaxter

[name] William (, Ryushii, or Omega; What ever you feel better calling me)

[age] 20

[Occuption] officially unemployed, freelance Game Designer and 3D designer

[Contact information] When and if you contact me about acceptance/denial, do so by email please. If i'm accepted, i'll provide in private, easier way to contact me

[Position you are applying] Any available English positions

[Related Work Experience] Moderator of the now closed Derekperrone.com forums, previous Customer service PR job

[RO Experience] 5+ years of playing, temporary events/GM position, minor experience in managing a server

[Current relation to RO servers if any] Nothing official

[Time you will be spend on your forum moderation job, average daily] The forums will always be an open tab, and will refresh the forums regularly

[Additional information you wish us to consider] Part of my nature to help people, but i am very honest. I do whatever is in my power to help somebody in need, regardless if i know them or not. With any bits criticism, i always provide insight and suggestions on problems at hand

Isaac

Name: Isaac Chia Hong Yao
Languages: English,Chinese.
Time-Zone: GMT+8
Contact Information: Do use PM or MSN me - [email protected]
Position: Ragnarok Selectional Moderator
Related Work Experience: XileRO Global Moderator - 2007. PegasusRO Global Moderator - 2009.
RO Experience: 3 Years on XileRO,BlackoutRO,DreamerRO.
RO GM Experience: Head GM for 2 years - XileRO , Tech Support GM for 4 years - DreamerRO , Head GM for 3 years - EmpathyRO
Current RO Server Relations: PegasusRO.
Availability: 12-15 hours per day. Always active daily.