Releasing Some Goodies & Database Update As Usual

Started by yC, Oct 04, 2007, 10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

Finally another news update after 3 months.  Sorry for the long wait.  If you have been thinking that we haven't doing anything, then you are wrong!  There have been work done here and there everyday on the site but those may be too insignificant to make a news update everytime. 

At least now the server listing pages are not filled with 8093492834324 dead servers right?  That is because some work has been put into developing an automated delisting process.  It's not perfect but it helps a lot.  Also thanks to those that reported dead servers to us in our forum. 

Most of the outdated quests have been updated in the quest database.  So people won't always curse on us when they got to the marked position in a map and found no NPC.  Please let us know if you discover anything worng with the quest guides.

In the meanwhile, sometime in August Riotblade released a RMS Toolbar.  If you haven't seen it in action, check it out at our forum topic here.  The RMS Toolbar is an extension for users of Firefox.  It's an useful utility which adds a toolbar to your firefox user interface which can be used to search the multiple databases without browsing through the site.  If you don't like a whole toolbar, there is also plugin to add our site's search function in the list of search in Firefox.  Give it a try.

Those are just a few things done behind the scene, so what's in the scene?  Hehe, guess what!  Riotblade is so great that he made a Character Simulator just for RMS!  It couldn't have been done without Borf's help.

The character simulator is a completely grounds up implementation of a character simulator which reads raw data from SPR files and ACT files.  It currently contains all Jobs, Head and Items.  We had to remove some last minute additions due to other bugs that have come up towards the release deadline.
Please note that this is an alpha version and there may still be some weird errors here and there.

In the next imminent version:
-Updated Headgears (if any)
-Pallete support
-GM sprite (ran out of room in this one :D)
-Bug fixes for reported bugs

Future Versions:
-Animated Actions
-Character backgrounds
-Suggestions from users

Okay, what else I mean to say, oh yes update.  It has been few months since the last real database update so it's time for one.  I can say there isn't much exciting release except some new hats/items as usual, War of Emperium 2.0 Castle maps (Yuno based,Schwaltzvalt Guild), Satan Morroc maps included in the Morroc Field section and a few monsters that are exclusive to Russian RO (Moscovia).  Mob information regarding Satan Morroc is pretty unclear to me at the moment, maybe I will do a follow-up on it later on. 

Hope you like the Goodies and the database updates,

-yC

Arcenciel

Suggestion for the character simulator

Create a button where it will generate an image that you can save. Like the one in here http://www.ragnarokcs.com/

Rbread

Quote from: Arcenciel on Oct 06, 2007, 08:33 AM
Suggestion for the character simulator

Create a button where it will generate an image that you can save. Like the one in here http://www.ragnarokcs.com/

Right click image, save as.

asdfqwerty123

Here's weird little GIF I made with that Char Sim.

I call it "Mosh Pit Santa".

Ambrose Merle

that's classic zairirk! XD please make and post more :3

Ressy

Do you know when updates like this will come out for server types like AnimaRO?

Arcenciel

Thanks Riot...I didn't try it at first because the extension was php so I though it didn't work. You might want to put a note in there so people will know.

Acrued

Lai

Zone