Real Life Gathering?

Started by Rbread, Jun 28, 2009, 10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbread

Greetings,

I was on one of my IRC channels when someone brought up the idea of a gathering.  I believe this is an interesting idea.  However, the problem I see with this is that not everybody will be able to attend.  I was thinking maybe we should have some kind of RMS/RO gathering in the California bay area (where I live).  The purpose of gatherings is for people with similar interests to attend and make new friends-- generally, have fun.  Let me know how many of you are interested and then we'll work our way from there.

-Riotblade

Celeste

I don't think a lot of people would travel to Cali just to meet some people on some forums from the Internet, but..

What if there were like 'group meetings', people who live around eachother set up a day to hang out.

The econ is whack anyways, it'll cost me Like $500 for a plane ticket or attempt to drive in my jank car.

Green

Cali is a bit far from Australia.

Xarale

I'm from the UK, so I won't be able to attend.

Nice idea though, I would've considered it if I lived closer.

Poki

You know what would  be the best?  You all came to me.  Anyways, I'd come if I lived closer. -sigh-

Orange

They are usually great, However I live in  Aus and I never see any gatherings here. 1 day though, I'd like to travel somewhere just to meet people I know online :/
:3

Loki

Get me free tix. I'm dieing to get away from school. I'd probably be the shortest so don't tease me. I will and can cry.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Hutchy

I don't really think anyone from the forum would spend their IRL money to travel... just for us to look at each other awkwardly for a few minutes before making an excuse to gtfo and go back home. :c

It's not like most of us are great friends here or anything, so that's prettymuch how I see it playing out - awkward staring. Get-togethers usually work best if the people coming have some sort of relationship aside from "hey, I see you on the forum and sometimes we insult each other over opinions on game mechanics".

I don't mean to shoot it down so harshly, I just don't see it being very successful.

SilverStream~

If this was next year, I could actually attend.

I stay in Red Wood city each time I'm in Cali, where my family lives, so San Fransisco is just a short drive from there.
Depends on when it is though.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pandora

Nice idea, RL gathering are fun, we host one for my server every summer, but sadly most people can't attend due to geographical location, but we make sure to take pictures so people who can't attend can see it at least, I hope you'll do the same! I would have more chance to attend if yc hosted one I think, cali is too far for me.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

soki

I heard this from a friend but don't really care much about it hmm he said there will be

an Anime Expo i think this year so instead of you guys meeting (if ever it happens) in small place

why not meet up in that larger Organization/Meeting so that way if ever any of you feels

awkward you can just go around or run to your favorite anime if you have one just

an idea for you guys who live near or willing to spend money like the others to see the Anime Convention

Rbread

LOL don't get me wrong. I'm not asking you to spend money to travel to Cali. I'm mostly talking to the people within Cali to see if they're interested. It's not exactly a random thing as I've attended many random gatherings related to different subjects and they were quite fun.  If nobody is in the bay area wants to then it's fine. I recall there being a ro gathering but I didn't attend.

Descent

Sounds like a really nice idea.

If there's ever one in or near the Toronto area, I'd gladly go.

Jr.Pow

I live too far away, if there was one closer, I'd be there.
-Jr.Pow

PETER09

Party at New Zealand anyone?

Forever~Zero

Maybe regional parties like:

RMS West Coast USA
RMS UK
RMS Australia
RMS New Zealand
.. etc.

And cosplay, anyone?
Try RevillusionRO!
http://forum.revillusion.net/index.php

Mid-Rate Server

Shinn

I'm always at Toronto doing whatever etc etc so if anyone from around the area want to meet up and hang out let's arrange something?

Cheers.

cause after all the drama, I still slain em.

Need a site done? contact me.

SinX7

I would go, but I live in Las Vegas :/
If you are building a computer and/or need help, just give me a PM and Ill be glad to help you!
Quit RO and came back :D

Rbread

Quote from: SinX7 on Jul 03, 2009, 03:13 AM
I would go, but I live in Las Vegas :/

Wow lucky.  You can go to EVO with ease.

Yukino

Wow, that was random lol.

Just wondering, did anyone really meet up with each other? How about recently?
(Don't want to read the other posts--got lazy lol.)
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!