Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Started by yC, Dec 19, 2012, 07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

HO Ho ho! Merry Christmas everyone.  I hope you like the little change we do on the main site.  Don't see it?  Refresh or F5 please.  It's as rare as seeing a card drop on a 1x server when you see the RMS site puts on a make-up.  How are you going to spend your Christmas holiday?  For those that are still doing exams, good luck.  If you still have school, well poor you just get out of there ASAP.  Christmas time shall be all about sleeping-in, good food and gifts.

Heading into the new year there are still a million things on my to-do list for the site.  It's not that I am not tackling the list, it's just that I keep adding stuff to it whenever I think of something that can make the site better.  I am glad I finally got the combo item page sorted out, plus releasing a renewal version of it.  I know it used to look damn ugly (don't let me know if you think it's not any better ... I tried).  A lot of renewal data was added (or merged) into the site over the last few months.  Most of them are under the Misc database which is hard to notice.

Still, it is interesting to see that the pre-renewal database is being used ten times more often as the renewal database.  I'm trying to interpret how this is happening.  Are the majority of people staying with pre-renewal? Is it because the pre-renewal links are higher up in the database menu? Or is it that the renewal database is not up to standards. Looking for an answer, feel free to share your thoughts. It's also the time of the year to give me your generous suggestions regarding any part of the site, if you wish.

Lastly, does anyone remember Riotblade? Yea, he is the guy who started RMS with me and also the almighty creator of the Character Simulator.  He wants all of you to visit him over at AnimeSeed.Com to give him a warm Christmas.  What's better than watching your favourite anime while enjoying a cup of hot chocolate or coffee?  Yea RO only!

By the way, keep the Facebook Like and Google+ coming.  Don't let the count stop, I know my goal was 50k but if we hit 10k by the end of the (next? no plz) year I'll take it.  Once again, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful 2013.

yC @ RMS

Many thanks to Yukino, Triper and Flaid for the help on the RMS Christmas look.  No thank you to the pantie lovers.

Meta

Quote from: yC on Dec 19, 2012, 07:16 AM
HO Ho ho! Merry Christmas everyone.  I hope you like the little change we do on the main site.  Don't see it?  Refresh or F5 please.  It's as rare as seeing a card drop on a 1x server when you see the RMS site puts on a make-up.  How are you going to spend your Christmas holiday?  For those that are still doing exams, good luck.  If you still have school, well poor you just get out of there ASAP.  Christmas time shall be all about sleeping-in, good food and gifts.

Heading into the new year there are still a million things on my to-do list for the site.  It's not that I am not tackling the list, it's just that I keep adding stuff to it whenever I think of something that can make the site better.  I am glad I finally got the combo item page sorted out, plus releasing a renewal version of it.  I know it used to look damn ugly (don't let me know if you think it's not any better ... I tried).  A lot of renewal data was added (or merged) into the site over the last few months.  Most of them are under the Misc database which is hard to notice.

Still, it is interesting to see that the pre-renewal database is being used ten times more often as the renewal database.  I'm trying to interpret how this is happening.  Are the majority of people staying with pre-renewal? Is it because the pre-renewal links are higher up in the database menu? Or is it that the renewal database is not up to standards. Looking for an answer, feel free to share your thoughts. It's also the time of the year to give me your generous suggestions regarding any part of the site, if you wish.

Lastly, does anyone remember Riotblade? Yea, he is the guy who started RMS with me and also the almighty creator of the Character Simulator.  He wants all of you to visit him over at AnimeSeed.Com to give him a warm Christmas.  What's better than watching your favourite anime while enjoying a cup of hot chocolate or coffee?  Yea RO only!

By the way, keep the Facebook Like and Google+ coming.  Don't let the count stop, I know my goal was 50k but if we hit 10k by the end of the (next? no plz) year I'll take it.  Once again, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful 2013.

yC @ RMS

Many thanks to Yukino, Triper and Flaid for the help on the RMS Christmas look.  No thank you to the pantie lovers.

Possible explanation: Renewal is a much more linear experience and needs less documentation. And happy holidays. :)

SnowBunny

Christmas panties please. And a happy new year. ;3

Look Adelie! Look! Stupid people! Stupid people everywhere!

Strudel

And me? :(

yC

You are always helpful Strudel  /no1

Yukino

Lol, haha Strudel XD.

Merry Christmas to everyone soon! (After the supposed doomsday, yes~)
Another year to RMS and RO!

Can't wait to see the countdown on TV for the new year <3.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Kittie

Quote from: SnowBunny on Dec 19, 2012, 01:01 PM
Christmas panties please. And a happy new year. ;3
I want to be able to "Like" posts like this a thousand times.
Multi-quote on the forums would be helpful.

I wanted to know if anyone else had issues seeing the emoticons on the forums. They are shown as broken images to me since November(?).

Quote from: yC
No thank you to the pantie lovers.
How could you?! I worked hard finding the best Christmas panties for RMS site and you shot me down /sob
The site needs more panties.
Ragnafied

Yukino

Lol haha, maybe make a background image with it to see how that would go XD.

But yeah, I can see emoticons on the forums - never had a problem with them. Hm...

Triper

THE END IS NEAR!! RUN TO YOUR KITCHENS AND START TO MAKE ROASTED CHICKEN TO CELEBRATE IT!!

JK but I decided to leave something here for who wants~

Full normal wallpaper version - Blue Version | Green Version | Dark Blue Version | Pink Version | PSD File

The PSD is there too just in case of someone wanting a 2048x1152 version[yeah, rms resized them :(], to resize them freely or to even add something to it.

Gene

About the pre-renewal thing, most RO players---veteran ones played and enjoyed the feel of pre-renewal. Moving on to something like the current RO has a different feel of the game..

Happy to see RO still up and going on lively~

Flaid

So kind of you.

Edward EG

Advance Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2013 guys.

P/S:
Glad that 2012 end of world turns out to be a joke lmao.
Join us in Intense RO!
MR
- 150x/150x/50x
Website & Forum

LR
- 7x/7x/7x
Website & Forum

More info:
Facebook fan page

Soulman

Merry Christmas guys, have a good one!

Yukino

Saying it on the actual day: Merry Christmas, everyone =D!

(Happy Holidays!)

Noble

I'm a bit late for Xmas @__@ Happy Holidays to those who don't celebrate christmas and hope you had a nice christmas time to those who celebrate it!!!

yC

There is always the new year to celebrate even for those that don't celebrate Christmas? xD I actually don't know ...

I feel I got slapped by facebook, when I made the announcement we had nearly 9k like.  Then just a day before Christmas 3k of those went missing.  I read it's them cracking down fake accounts (which I do have a few and still alive).  Now the goal will need to be reached next year.  Don't care, dont like fb.

Yukino

Yeah, Facebook started to target fake accounts - don't worry though! RMS can reach the goal~

And... Happy New Year, everybody =D! Best of luck <3!

Strudel

Quote from: yC on Dec 27, 2012, 02:16 PM
I read it's them cracking down fake accounts (which I do have a few and still alive).

Same >-<