Mark This Day - One of my most miserable day of the year

Started by yC, Sep 30, 2011, 11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

Okay, if you haven't been able to get on RMS today ... I am sorry but the server's hard drive had experienced an unrecoverable failure that caused the world to stop spinning around here. 

After some ticket exchange with the host and waiting for the result of a fsck for hours the primary disk is declared dead and beyond repair.  So I waited another 2 hours for a OS reload then start work on bringing the site back online.  I am using a site script backup from Monday (with my local copies of a few files uploaded to adjust the changes) and a database backup roughly 6-8 hours before the crash happened thanks to the NAS (network attached storage). 

So far I am not spotting any problem on the front end, except I think you might find your avatar rolled back or missing.  If you see any error on the site or the forum let me know. 

The char sim is on an entire different account so I'll sort things out before bringing it back.  Might be in a day or two.  The site still need a bit of optimization, I haven't have the time to apply my old settings yet.

For advertisers, need no worries.  I am going to shift the schedule for everyone's banner by one day to make up for this down time.

So that is it for now.  Thanks for your patience.

P.S. > Why does everyone told me they thought they are ip banned when they can't access the site?  Am I an evil monster or you guys are somewhat guilty of your action ;p

Usagimimi

It was so evil ;w; I finished all my work in French, and we had the laptops, and RMS wouldn't load lololol

>>

Good job, though :D <3 /cupcake

Croissant

Wow, that's terrible. ono Good job bringing everything back so far, though!

Yukino

Lol, I was probably one of the few that wasn't with the bandwagon on the banning thing haha XD.

Good job on getting RMS back up!
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Triper

I though it was updates going on lol

yC is a beast :>

Usagimimi

I thought yC got fed up with all the pissy whiners / 'tards around here so she shut down RMS fureverrr :o

srsly.

Didn't think I was banned in any case :x I'M TOO <3

yC

Okay, the char sim seems to be back with minimal impact, I asked Riotblade to take a look he said some headgear sprites are missing.  I can't find them only he knows, I'll leave it to him to upload them when he has the time.  If I remember correctly he haven't release his update yet (those iRO paid mounts, probably under construction), so no major damage there.

Thanks for all the support here :) 

A list of badasses ips + a random ban and release script seems to be a nice idea.  Well maybe save that to April 1st.