Forum Upgraded

Started by yC, Jun 20, 2011, 02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragnazorg

Quite impressed. Good JOB YC

bleu

Pretty Neat. Very user friendly. But I kinda missed the old "bleu themed banner"

cherryneh

the new layout is good looking than before...but i guess the quick reply is not there or is it just for this section ??

Karuna-tan

I was a bit surprised to see the new layout for the forums, but I do like the way it looks now. The old version was good, but this looks a bit more modern and yeah. Nice job. ~
"Howard, you do know I've got a number of ways to poison you. In your sleep. Your food. You don't want that to happen do you?"

Tom~

Quote from: cherryneh on Jun 23, 2011, 04:20 PM
the new layout is good looking than before...but i guess the quick reply is not there or is it just for this section ??

Quick Reply is still there. You have to change an option in Profile ---> Modify Profile ---> Look and Layout. "Use quick reply on topic display:" is what you should be changing.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Love Me

nice new interface for RMS forum  :)
[color=green]Life is nothing without friendship.[/color]

| aeRO Information | aeRO Forum | aeRagnarok Online | aeMU Online |

Usagimimi

Love the forum :]

I think the main page icons are too busy, though. That's just me I bet ~_~

<3

Yukino

I feel like I see too many noodles appearing on the main page at once.
What I like is the navigation bar on top of the banner =D. I just hope the name colour shop mod will be implemented in soon ^^.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Belle.

The new forums look great!

Mid Rate: [100/100/Varied] Low Rate: [10/10/5/3]

yC

Well Yukino I tried =/

The "new items" in another package that does not come with the shop mod are from ages ago with no update.  Basically all file edit test applied come up with a "test failed" result.  I can't install it and won't take the risk of breaking stuff neither.  The shop will have to stay useless.

Yukino

Ah okay, so it's not possible to edit it manually using the old code from before? Good try then xD.
Maybe there's some other mods that you can add later on or from the shop mod site (saw some interesting ones). Most importantly, it's best not to break anything, I agree.

yC

Okay just done with configuring and initializing the Media Center.  You can see the link "Media" at the top in the forum menu.

Now members can embed videos and upload images or documents to the Media Center.  The embedding works for links from most sites such as YouTube, MegaVideo, Facebook, MySpace, DailyMotion, Veoh, plus some more.   The Media Center acts like YouTube anyway except you can't upload video because I want to save resource on converting and streaming etc.  You can make comments, report comments and rate items.  For certain sharing section download is enabled.

I think a video center for RMS was suggested a few times so I hope people will make good use of this new addition.  Many nice RO videos are lost in the sea of YouTube videos and become hard to find, I want the Media Center to help keep track of the videos in categories and what not. 

I am not sure if people are still interested in another sprite/custom sharing platform like the old RUNE, I created a category for people to distribute RO custom work.  Definitely we are not going to lock access to certain level because this forum does not merely revolve around RO customs.

I populated the Media Center a little by linking the LoLs Castles series and some random favourites of mine.  Still I don't have much to show for PvP/WoE videos because it has been ages since the last time I participated in guild wars :'(.  Also if anyone is interested, I uploaded most of my "server caught cheating" screenshots for educational purposes.

Link: http://forum.ratemyserver.net/index.php?action=media 

(Item auto-approval is not available to users with less than 10 post count.)

Eradicate

Is there a way not to automatically embed youtube videos and instead have a link to the youtube page?

Eg. Showing a link >> link2youtubevideo rather than showing the youtube video on the post

Yukino

^ I second that (or have both up there).

yC

Not that I know of.  Part of it is called "auto-embedding mod" so it's ... auto.