Calculators~!

Started by yC, Feb 11, 2009, 12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

Guess I will finally make an announcement on the calculators I created during Christmas break.  If you have been wondering what was that little dot doing next to the monster search link, well it's there because I finished the simpler calculators but was not yet done with the stat calculator

So after having two flus, bunch of forum dramas, and a little of unexpected hosting problem .. I am finally calling it done.  I know RO calculators are nothing new and they are probably everywhere, still I think they are a nice addition to our site.  You can find the list of calculators under the new Tools menu on the left side just below the Database menu.  It's there with the other simulators and test server link for better organization, they aren't really a "database" after all.

I shouldn't have to explain much, they are all self-explanatory from the names: 

You might have already found them and started using them since a month ago. /heh

As always, these are based on formulas used in the eAthena server engine.  The formulas behind the computation were outlined below each calculators to provide a better understanding to the game mechanism (except for the Stat Calculator because there are too many). 

I would like to talk about the Stat Calculator a little though because it might not be the kind of Stat Calc you think it is. 

The bad news is that, no you will not be able to add equipments in the calc.  It's a "Stat" Calc in which you are only able to calculate your stats such as HP, SP, regens, hit, flee, etc, and effect for fixed buff/damage skills.  Adding the equipment part is a whole different story which I will not attempt at this stage.  I might modify it next Christmas (>_>) depend if I get any valuable feedback for this one. 

The good news is that this calculator can go up to level 999 with all stats up to 999.  If you are a low-rate lover then this has nothing to do with you =/ unfortunately.   Still you might want to use it as a Acid Demo Calc, Asura Calc, Falcon Damage Calc, Turn Undead Calc, Sacrifice Calc or invent your own purpose while you give it a try.

Feel free to point out any error you find or make a suggestion by replying to this topic.

Thank you for your continuous support.

- yC

Hanyuu

yC, you own! Thank you so much for pointing this out otherwise I would never have found it on RMS. ^^; It'll really help me out when I'm brewing for sure. ^_^ Pretty much a list of everything all in one place. xD
I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth, you refuse to believe in it.

I cannot quench your thirst
Because no such truth exists that you are in anticipation for.

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert.

Loki

Nice work there, yC!
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Auroraâ„¢

Yesss. Now I don't have to google all of those cheaply made calculators. <3

» Coming Soon! «

bleu

nice job.
/no1

What have "Enlarge Weight Limit" got anything to do with Acid Demonstration?

xD from what i know she took all the info from the eA script, so if that script said a certain skill said it would increase the damage / change / effect / what ever, then it'd be in the calculator

yC

Quote from: bleu on Feb 11, 2009, 09:57 PM
nice job.
/no1

What have "Enlarge Weight Limit" got anything to do with Acid Demonstration?

nothing, it's a skill that affect the weight limit of the char.  Since i got a weight display on the calc that's why it's there.  It's "inherented" from the merchant skill base set because creator got all the merchant skills.

Zelos

Sweat job yC. You rock.

Siuver

bleu

2009/04/14
   * Cooking success chance is now affected by DEX and LUK [Playtester]
   - "cooking exp" still needs to be implemented

The Cooking Formula on eAthena has recently changed.  /omg

yC

Quote from: bleu on Apr 21, 2009, 08:18 AM
2009/04/14
   * Cooking success chance is now affected by DEX and LUK [Playtester]
   - "cooking exp" still needs to be implemented

The Cooking Formula on eAthena has recently changed.  /omg

I will update it, but I might want to wait a little (a week or less~) to see if the "cooking exp" gets implement first.  Thanks for letting me know.

yC

http://ratemyserver.net/cook_calc.php

updated now, currently eA haven't put in the "cooking exp" but with reference to playtester's comment and official src.  I included the field for it, the current value in eA is 10% which translate to 200 attempts.  I am using that as default for now until further changes on eA's part.  Then I will remove the default hints.