Advertise On RateMyServer.Net

Started by yC, Jul 01, 2007, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

After 2 years of support from the RO community, we are now offering the opportunity for servers to buy banner advertisement on our site's server listing section.  For more details, please read it here.  This is a beta product, adjustments might come later.  If you have any suggestion or feedback please contact us at this forum or email us at admin [at] ratemyserver.net.

judo

Suggestion:
I'd agree more if the policy of RMS wasn't "First come first served". there are tons of nice servers arround and people don't know they even exist, since all the old servers have taken all the slots and they keep them forever.

There are another websites with a ad-like ratemyserver system, and they do release at least 1 slot/month for a new server to advertise and they don't do first come first served.

I'll add that I was there when rms started (few people belieaved in its potential) and then my server went down, after almost 2 years all I see is a marketing monopolio of certain servers X_x

Last but not least, not sure if I'm bumping this from somewhere but it's the right place to post I guess.

Regards,
judo~

yC

judo i understand where you coming from but it's hard for me to just cut my business relationship with the current banner slot owners when they are paying customers.  How would you feel if you are living in an apartment and the landlord have to kick you out after a month to make room for new immigrant that is new to the country.  I am sorry it cannot work the way you like it.  Sometimes even if there are servers came and go and leaving a slot behind, they are not taken by new servers but by older servers.  So it also depend on the willingness to spend on advertising for the new servers, I simply cannot kick out an existing customer because who knows if the empty slot is going to be taken or not.  Please think of it on my side.

Anyway, I thank you for your support over the years.

Scars

I suggest better slots or homepage advertisement  :D I would pay $500/m and above for that.

Helrouis

Quote from: Scars on Jun 17, 2008, 06:05 AM
I suggest better slots or homepage advertisement  :D I would pay $500/m and above for that.

It would be an auction for the slots.. lol.

Quote from: Helrouis on Jun 17, 2008, 06:10 AM
It would be an auction for the slots.. lol.
that might be an okay way to make a lil extra cash =P

yC

Quote from: Scars on Jun 17, 2008, 06:05 AM

If you say so, let's try this .. i'll test the reaction here.

5 slot rotating banners right below the center block's description text on front page, 468x60 pixels, $200 / 30 days xD.  So it will be that ad space above my announcement. 

If you want that 300x250 lol yea why not, maybe it will be a 2 slots rotating at a price of $500 each.

Reason i don't open more spaces for advertising is people who just started a server will go on the lower-end prices, so ads on the front page is not an option for them.  It won't be cheap so ... it can't really help the new server to grow.

Scars

Hey hey hey, if your'e opening make sure you reserve one spot for me! Its my idea/suggestion i deserve a reservation  :P

Anyway when your 100% ready I am one msg away, MSN/Email: [email protected]

THANKS!

As I said, anything around that price a month for homepage adplace, I am in.

yC

hmm so there's really a market out there?  lol

Scars

Yes, absolutely there will be a market for it. Advertising is the most important thing.

Hell say if you can give me a better deal, maybe longer term or discount, I'll buy all those 5 slots or both the 2 slot myself if no one else wants it  :)

Reason I asked for better deal is I have to think for the long run! :D