Baby Monk

Started by Africa, Apr 07, 2011, 09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Africa

I'm building a baby monk for joking purposes on a midrate, I don't care about survivability, and I want a fast cast, so 99 dex is fixed (yes babies can 99 stats here). Then, for the highest possible damage, I know str matters more than int, but 99 str 9 int is worse than a more balanced one, so, what's the best str-int ratio for asura, considering dex must be 99 already?

Also, what weapon should I use? I can't equip lunakaleet, lion claw etc, so the choice would be between the usual barragefist-mace-chain, which one does highest damage, considering iron fist, the str-int ratio, and the fact that refinement system is easier so I can have all of them +10 easily?

Also cards have to be 3hydra1skel (or 2hydra1skel for chain), since 99% of the server soesn't have a GR (civil servant), nor I will ever be able to afford a TG.

Leamee

Just play with a dmg calc really. And pick chain I guess, mace is better if you get lots of str but yeah, chain rocks for lower str. Get multiples of 10 for str, I'd say 80-90 max. And look for mod's thread about chamos, he posted his stuff and it's good.

Triper

Never use INT to boost sp as the basic source from it, sp from gears is always better.

Claws have a penalty on medium size stuff so is a basic no except if you want to give status with melee since the aspd > other stuff so the weapon of choice will be probably a chain[3]/mace[4] since is 100% from maces on medium vs the 75% of claws and rods suck on atk.

Other questions can be answered here -> http://calcx.wushuang.ws/

Africa

Doesn't weapon-to-size apply only for normal attacks, and not for skills? I have made tons of tries with various skills and weapons, and I've never noticed a 25% difference with them.

CookieEater

Quote from: Africa on Apr 07, 2011, 01:26 PM
Doesn't weapon-to-size apply only for normal attacks, and not for skills? I have made tons of tries with various skills and weapons, and I've never noticed a 25% difference with them.
It applies to weapon damage, actually. Doesn't matter if it's skills or autohits.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Africa

Oh well, then only a tiny part of the damage is affected. Anyway, looks like 82+18 str and 50 int, with a chain, is our winner!

mahawirasd

cmiiw, but 92+18 str plus whatever int is left (20ish probably) would probably fare MUCH better... plus monks themselves have POOOR POOOR POOOR int-to-SP ratio... and IIRC babies get HALF that... so really... 92+18 str would be better...

-w-

Leamee

That's about what I said, 90 str would cut it. And since you're a baby monk don't expect to be kicking a$$, but you already know that. Still, baby monks would probably be able to kill SOME advanced classes (not priests or people who have pneuma or a high HP pool obviously) but I guess that wizzies and the like are cannon fodder for you.

Africa

Quote92+18 str plus whatever int is left (20ish probably) would probably fare MUCH better

On the simulator, I tried both 82str 50int and 92str 30int with mace, barrage and chain, with baby reductions and full SP set (morpheus shawl, sohee shoes etc.) and the outcoming damage was higher with chain and 82str. Also I'll have to snap/hide/dodge/call 5 spheres separately a lot, so I prefer a decent SP pool/regen, this combination seems perfect, still ignoring the horrible survivability.

And actually I can kill a lot of people in a room that doesn't allow mvp and most miniboss cards (especially gr and devi). I can even use a 99mdef set for maximum laughter.