[Non-Renewal] Battle High Priests in PvP

Started by Zshinobi, Nov 06, 2012, 05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zshinobi

I've been thinking about getting back to playing RO, but this time just for casual fun.

Which for me means quirky builds and stuff. I have decided to start off with a battle priest.

My main question is, what are some viable ways in which battle priests PvP? I'm aware they're not the top PvP class or whatever.

Assuming no pots and on a 99/70 server,
Tanking and SLOWLY whittling down your opponent?
Linked Holy Light?
Normal attack?

Thanks in advance!

Sarin

ASPD, Ledger of Death and ifrit ring combo I guess. That's how I would build it.

Zshinobi

Hmm, is there any other build with easier items to obtain?

Ifrit and Beezelbub seem a little too far away at the moment, considering that I'm only downloading a client right now...

Perhaps a crit build? I've seen some around, mentioning the usage of Gloria. Not sure how viable that would be though.

Thoth

the only way battlepriest would be viable in any sense, is a no pots/buffs pvp room and fighting a battle of attrition while healing yourself.
attackspeed/bragi unfortunately does not help priests spam skills faster, because they have so many fixed animation delays.
lex/resurrection is pretty strong vs ED armors. TU can be used but has a cast time, less range, and eats up skillpoints

if you want a seriously tough and all around useful priest, do 75% range resistance gear dex/vit/medium int build with safetywall and sanctuary. even pvm, high powered heal has nothing on sanctuary.

Triper

Crit builds are more a thing of "it's different and fun \o/" and shouldn't be taken as a serious build for pvp since you're sacrificing a ton of reduces for aspd/agi/crit even if at Renewal they're +/- ok.

Most of the pvm crit priest builds work, in most of the cases, around crit from rofl and weapon, aspd from hotb along other agi gears. With this, you're sacrificing a ton of useful stats and reduces when changing from pvm to pvp making it not 100% viable as you would want.

If you still want to do it and go with it to try and see then get something as:
- a Spike[2][yes, you've to get one and slot] or a Veteran Mace[2] as the crit weapon of choice. If you need aspd you can always change to Luna Kaleet or a high refine Book of the dead[Berzebub Book].
- Dragon Mant+Dragon Vest if available[if not you're doomed to get a Pantie+Undershirt set and try to slot some]
- Horn of the Buffalo+Thorn Shield for +aspd
- Ring of Flame Lord as the swapping accessory to get the crit from Critical Explosion and then swap to something else that gives aspd/agi or even crit
- get the Thief Card Set for more aspd if needed[it's the one from The Paper, Shinobi, etc]
- Black Leather Boots or Sprint Shoes[Sprint Shoes are easier to get since you don't need to slot them but Blb can be refined to +9 for more agi]
- AGI/STR/LUK build[some dex can be added for 1-2 more aspd if needed]
- Get a friend WS/BS to Adrenaline Rush you for more aspd
As you can see, this is fine for most of the low-mid tier places where you want to hunt/lv but if you want to join pvp then a drastic change is needed to be made to be somewhat viable since tons of basic stuff[like a simple stun] will just hunt you alive.

I would just follow the previous advice given by Thoth and Sarin if you want to take pvp serious with this type of build tbh.