Status+strip stalker

Started by Africa, Nov 27, 2010, 11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Africa

Mid-rate 99/70, no battleground stuff, no customs, and I want to make an annoying stalker, possibly sleeping/stunning/freezing and stripping, with the max defensive equip possible (since i won't be using any offensive skill)

First, I don't want to use a bow, so what's the skill with less delay, and possibly ranged, that I can use to carry status effects? Since they apparently fixed the venom knife/shuriken equipment I can't use those skills, my first choice was throw tomahawk, or maybe shield boomerang, with the usual status main gauches. Is there better stuff?

As for defensive equip:
fberet
valk shield[thara/horn]
bradium brooches[alligator]
dragon set[whisper/jakk/marse + peco/marc] for a high flee and still a good magic resistance
Variants

And for stats:
90+ agi, i love full flee
~90 vit for hp and status resistance(I could use a nightmare terror pet for sleep)
And not sure about where to put the rest, like:
str=pots
dex=hit (throw toma can miss right?) and chasewalk cast
int=mdef and sp

Zereges

AFAIK dex is required to increase chance of stripping
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta RheĆ®> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Africa

Yes, if I had 100dex and my opponent had 1dex I would get about 20% more, but that's utopistic since the majority of classes have a decent dex by default. So I would max my dex and lower my vit/agi for a little more %, and that would still be useless on mages and archers for example.

Also I just tested on RMS server, apparently throw tomahawk can't be plagiarized anymore, I guess I'll stick with shield boomerang, and with the shield refine bonus i won't even miss. I guess dex will be ditched, even tho my chasewalk will be a failure =/

wireless

My old server had a stalker who used acid terror for statusing and breaking armors. Very annoying  :-X

Africa

That could work but terror has cast time and since I'm stripping the break armor chance is not so useful...

SpaceFalcon

Just curious, why wouldn't you want to throw status effects with a bow? it IS ranged, that's already a huge advantage.

Sarin

hmm, lessee...low aspd (bows DO have low base aspd, it's just everyone with them goes high dex and agi), lack of shield, you still have to cross the distance to strip, easier to counter...

Nico

flying side kick perhaps?

dispels links, carries status effects from weapons + arrows, and gets rid of berserk pots ;), plus it's annoying and helps you get around

Ganondorf

^
That, FSK does all of that and it carries nasty effects in your weapon.

Since you're going for high AGI and VIT, you really don't have much choice other than FSK to be honest with you.  I'd really recommend you trade some of that AGI for DEX, but it's up to you.  Strip % vs survivability I guess.

What you could do is use FSK + Tunnel Drive/Chase Walk + repeat on stronger/trickier enemies like Champs, SB SinXs, Paladins and the like, and then use FSK and Close Confine on weaker classes like Snipers, crappy High Wizards with bad cast, Bolter Professors, Clowns, etc.  Once you get them confined you can just start whacking them with a Main Gauche [4] with any ailments you desire in it.  Sleep, Curse, Freeze, Stun or Silence are probably the best ailments to have.  You could even add some Envenom spam in there every once in a while for some bonus Poison status inflicting.  Poisoning an enemy with a high HP mod like Lord Knights, Paladins and some SinXs and then Freezing them is a devastating combo.  You can use the delay that your ailments cause on your enemy to Strip them or if you carry some Red Gemstones around with you, quickly switch from Thara Frog Card to a Seeker Card and Stone Curse people.

With that, even if they Hide away from your Close Confine, you can just FSK back to them and do it again.  Stalkers are a pretty fun class for annoyance, that's for sure.  There are lots of possibilities available to them due to their versatility.

Africa

As for the bow: I know it's a great status bringer, but I hate not having a shield, or I had thought of a nice earthbow with stonearrow (10%stonecurse) + strip + 2imp and bazerald firebolt, but for that I would have to max int and dex, and byebye survivability.

Anyway, I did some testing on the server I play on, and the shieldboom build is great. I can have 320+ flee with 15khp, stun and sleep immunity (yes, I perma-nightmare on my glasses) with 2 alligators, beret, cranial/heavy shield and free armor slot (no alicel), and a quad maingauche+arrow for every status.
And since 93+4 vit is enough for stun I get a 40+22 dex, not that great but better than nothing.

I wanna try with FSK now, to see if I can spam fsk+backslide continuously, or fsk+closeconfine on champs =)

EDIT: with fsk I seem to miss a lot even with 99 dex, and this isn't good for my beloved status. Is there a way to do even a minimum damage without having to spam magnum break continuously? (I guess the bonus from sword mastery doesn't ignore flee, does it?)

uncelebrated

How about this:

Arrow shower with status bow while in precast.

When attacking or not defending a warp (with traps) wear CK (or +4dex weapon)/Shield and strip people.
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

Cadd

How about use FSK and dual client a champ for Ki Translation? ;>

Or use ifrit rings to obtain the spheres. As far as I know, the spheres give some unevideable damage as well as magnum break.

Also, spheres obtained via Ki Translation last for like what? 20 - 30 min ? =)
Hope this helps.

You can also use envenom + poisontoad card w/ status blades to push back people as well as status 'em.