TU(Turn Undead) Priest

Started by Phantasma, Jul 04, 2010, 10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantaxy

Lol flee TU priest.
Now I seen it all.
SP Recovery? O.o so your planning to tank an anubis O.o.
I don't know but low rates and even the lowest of low rates. IE: iRO and such have easily access to sp pots?

Sarin

Quote from: Mathy on Jul 07, 2010, 04:56 PM
SP Recovery is a bunch of spare points.
And monsters might not be able to hurt you much, but you won't even have to bother with heal if you get agi.
And you can easily 95% dodge them with les than 80 agi and noob equip.

80 agi..yeah, lemme think...TU priest...80+dex nescessary, 50ish int luk minimum for decent chance....excuse me, where do you get your stat points?

Mathy

Quote from: Sarin on Jul 07, 2010, 05:40 PM
Quote from: Mathy on Jul 07, 2010, 04:56 PM
SP Recovery is a bunch of spare points.
And monsters might not be able to hurt you much, but you won't even have to bother with heal if you get agi.
And you can easily 95% dodge them with les than 80 agi and noob equip.

80 agi..yeah, lemme think...TU priest...80+dex nescessary, 50ish int luk minimum for decent chance....excuse me, where do you get your stat points?
There's so much wrong with this statement. That 1 sec is nothing, but the delay is horrible. And agi allows you to tank better during that delay.

Sarin

Well, that one second is something. Why? Cause it allows you to keep distance.

And the delay is EXACTLY why you shouldn't mess with agi and better spend your points in int/luk so you don't heve to TU every noobis 50 times.

Mathy

66 int and 50 luk is possible with my build.
And it's enough.
Please try this build and you'll see.

Sarin

...on what level? Yanno, as leveling build, it is NOT meant to be balanced for 99/70, but more for 85-90ish levels.

might test it on RMS test server once I install it...if I ever get to it.

Mathy

The build I posted is for 80~90. At 91, you'll probably be able to get total 75 dex.
Agi does not need to be 81. I increased it a bit too much.
Int 66 or 72.
You can live with just 1 luk.

To everyone that said that I fail at TU priests, try my build. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Oh, and Aurora, were Anubis even here nine years ago?

Green

Quote from: Mathy on Jul 08, 2010, 09:20 PM
Oh, and Aurora, were Anubis even here nine years ago?

They were in when I started RO, back at the start of 2005.  They used to crash me, even though I had the sprite.
Shortly after that, they were traded out for Ancient Mummies, then came back in again.

Like when Fabres used to be in the South Pront Field.

Riddel

agi priests with a TU build are so retarded that I managed to become a High Priest in 2 weeks at a 5x rates server with this build.
Whyyyyy?
Oh let's see. Because, since I was a newbie there, I had no thara, so there's no way I could survive their Sonic Blow without dodging it.
Also, because since I was at a low level (7x) I wouldn't have the enough stats to kill them with an efficient way (like running out of SP, or not having the enough VIT to tank the damage, nor having the enough stats for a decent TU success rate).
Besides, I didn't have trouble with my cast being interrupted.
So whenever I want to leech a character at Anubis and level faster, I make an AGI build priest. And which is why I prefer to leech with an AGI TU build priest instead of using my VIT high priest: it goes faster with AGI. Even without assumptio. Even without a thara. Yes, such things do exist. And I always see someone with an AGI build doing anubis.

Ps: playing RO since beta, priesting since 2004 - so don't try saying I'm a noob for defending this point of view. In your mind I could be a noob, but remember: in reality, you're being an ignorant person for bashing someone with a point of view different than yours.

Keep the debate going on! if you look for flame, should move to 4chan instead.

With love, candy and huggies, I leave the topic. Bais!

Green

Quote from: Riddel on Jul 08, 2010, 09:36 PM
Oh let's see. Because, since I was a newbie there, I had no thara, so there's no way I could survive their Sonic Blow without dodging it.

You know all Priests can get Lex D. to silence them so they can't SB, right? Not just the non-newbie ones?

Hell, isn't even REQUIRED in order to get TU?

Mathy

Quote from: Green on Jul 08, 2010, 10:08 PM
Quote from: Riddel on Jul 08, 2010, 09:36 PM

You know all Priests can get Lex D. to silence them so they can't SB, right? Not just the non-newbie ones?

Hell, isn't even REQUIRED in order to get TU?
It is required. However, the 3 sec delay can really slow down your leveling.
Every 20 Anubis->one minute lost

You have access to RMS test server, don't you? Why don't you try our build for yourself, and possibly record it?

Green

No way can this computer handle RO + recording.

mahawirasd

tbh i'm not a fan of agi...

but i have seen some RL friends play agi priests as a cheap and relatively fast way of levelling, especially with TU... cheap because when they were starting out they had no outside help whatsoever and no gears to speak of. Plus having that bit of agi seems to help very well on bad connection or 3rd world connection situations...

so imho in the end the "best" builds really depend on how the player plays the characters, let those who like agi play their way...

oh and agi TU priests seem to have quite an edge over vit dex TU priests in mobby situations such as nameless tidal farming, go test it out and see how cheap it is...

-w-

Aaronock

Hm, I had a guildie who raised a priest to high priest in about 3 weeks on heRO as an Agi built TU Priest.
Was pretty cool to have along with me for a few loli ruri runs since she didn't get hit about half the time giving me time to help her if she was getting hit.

I see nothing wrong with agi built TU priest, but it probably isn't something for everyone.