Improving Acolyte (Priest and Monk)

Started by Suspension, Jul 01, 2015, 03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suspension

Hello, I'm in the journey of creating a different type of server where every (or almost) build is useful and fun to use. For that matter I'm changing bonuses and the way some skills works, but nothing too strange, so it remains the same game. And only up to second classes (no trans) for the moment, as they seem to be easier to balance.

For Monk:
1) pros
- SP Consumption Quadruple and Thrus lowered to 12sp.
- Combos are free to use (no pre-combo requisite).
- Combo chaining will improve the next combo by 35% (ex: Triple -> Quadruple. Quadruple, in this case, would have a total damage of ~485%).
- Asura doesn't block SP reco

2) cons
- Attack power of Quadruple Blow will be leveraged to 360%, Ranging Thrust to 500%
- A full combo path will still be needed for combo-asura.
- Asura has a delay of 150 seconds (Or maybe a true SP block like unable to recover SP from items). This is needed to cap what I think is the worst skill for variety in a WoE monk, as it's almost a de facto assumption that Monk is only usable if it asura's everything on screen and don't waste time with other skills.

For Priest:
Nothing. As it's clearly a support job with plenty of different builds (Full support, ME, TU) and skills.
Quote from: exii on Jun 27, 2015, 06:07 AM
If you think casting quag is a good idea you or your guild heavily failed to create a viable guild rost.

Yozakura

Quote from: Suspension on Jul 01, 2015, 03:52 PM
- Combo chaining will improve the next combo by 35% (ex: Triple -> Quadruple. Quadruple, in this case, would have a total damage of ~485%).
- Attack power of Quadruple Blow will be leveraged to 360%, Ranging Thrust to 500%
- A full combo path will still be needed for combo-asura.

I like where this is going.

Quote from: Suspension on Jul 01, 2015, 03:52 PM
For Priest:
Nothing. As it's clearly a support job with plenty of different builds (Full support, ME, TU) and skills.

No love for agi-battle priests?

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Suspension

I see them "powerful enough" for what they are for. For me, it's no more than an anecdotical build.

And even then, critical attacks will deal 33% or 50% additional damage so they can go crit and improve that way.

Btw, spirit skills has no changes as they are pretty ok in my opinion.
If you think casting quag is a good idea you or your guild heavily failed to create a viable guild rost.

Bullet

I would set,

Monk
Boost:
Physical immune - fix reduc all incoming damage by 90% (does not stack with other race/property reduction), ignores dispel
Combos - usable during physical immune.
Nerf
Asura - after use Max SP fix to 50 for 150 sec (able to use other skills, asura not worthy due to litle SP)
Physical immune - All damage output reduce by half.

Suspension

That physical inmune changes would make the Monk too OP, as it would be virtually impossible to defeat.

tokoroko

For Priest,

either remove Mace Mastery completely and give it to Alchemists ( who have Axe Mastery) and Blacksmiths ( who rightfully should have both Axe and Mace Mastery ),

or make it much better; either adding Flee or Adding AsPD.

My idea for Mace Mastery, if it were still on a Priest--

Mace Mastery (Max Level 10)

Increase damage with Mace class weapons by x (variable, it's still on a priest, so it's still mediocre. Maybe +9? that'd give you 90Atk) per level. Additional sP recovery of +3 ( up to 30) per 10 seconds (WORKs WHILE MOVING) and Flee + 2.5 ( up to 25) per level. --- If you really wanna get crazy, make it heal one nearby party member and the priest every 10 seconds for a portion of the Priests heal amount.

You wouldn't be near as powerful as a Combo MOnk, but you'd work quite well in a melee duo group, like with a swordie, without having to have much INT like a Fs Healer build.

On an Alchemist or Blacksmith

Mace Mastery (Max Level 5)
Improve Damage with Mace class weapons by +12 per level (max +60 dmg) and increase flee rate by 4 and AsPD by 2% per level (max +20 Flee, +10% AsPD).

I've always wanted to do this myself.

Suspension

Then I'd have to buff every mastery out there, as they're the same for every type.

Priest already have some buffs to improve their battle performance (Impo, lex, Bless, agi).

Astraeos

Only thing priests need is reduced cooldowns on any single target support spells or change them to have their own cooldowns separate of other spells.

Suspension

Quote from: Astraeos on Dec 29, 2015, 10:48 AM
Only thing priests need is reduced cooldowns on any single target support spells or change them to have their own cooldowns separate of other spells.

Independent cooldowns would act against the nature of the game, but I agree on reducing cooldowns. Specially with Gloria, Imposito or suffragium.