High Priest Tips + Question about Tarot Card

Started by Alice, Aug 16, 2008, 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

After participating in a few WoE's I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I suck.. So, I was wondering if I could get some tips and strategies for WoE and pvp when using full support High Priest's. Anything like stat builds, etc are appreciated as well.

And lastly, I was wondering if instant cast affected Tarot Card of Fate. I've heard things about it decreasing its success rate but I'm not sure. Could anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks in advance! :)

Sarin

Tarot chance is constant, nothing affects it.

And for priest...well, the usual build is 99 int 70-90ish vit rest dex. Full reduction overupped gear. I never played a priest, but I played AGAINST lots of priests so I can give a few tips.
Almost every priest starts to heal himself when hit. There are times when it is best thing to do, but sometimes it is worst thing to do. When you are alone, heal and run for your life. But with a few friendlies around, it is often better to heal yourself with pots and use your skills to support your guildmates.
Use all your skills. Well placed agi down is priceless.
One of very important things you will do is defending the emp. Cast safety wall on it-I've heard it's tricky, so you gotta ask some experienced priest about that. Keep sanctuary on it, and when someone gets to attack it, cast Aspersio on him. If that does not work, he's wearing ED armor. Heal him, or if you got Turn Undead, use it. Agi down is also very nasty against empbreakers.

freakyred

I don't know anything about tarot card of fate but I can help you with WoE(this build might not be great in PVP)
My build is for servers where you can get all skills(only for your job of course)

first ready your buffs and heals, put lvl 10 on f1 and lvl 5 for f2 lvl 5 is for minor healing. Get some blue pots and put them in f9. put blessing agi up and kyrie eleison on f3,f4 and f5. that leaves 3 slots in your first quickslot. put holy light in f8 incase your under attack. put impositio manus and gloria in f6 and f7. If your sure you won't get attacked or your fully capable of taking care of yourself put angelus in f8 instead of holy light. On your second quick slot put some things to distract your enemies like lex divina and aspersio if they're breaking the emp also decrease agi for fast jobs like whitesmiths with cart boost or snipers with wind walk. Put other necessary things like equips in the other remaining slots. put warp in your 3rd quickslot if you like.

When your about to go in a castle you must go in the middle not behind not front middle the reason for this is so that your fortified. Your not in the line of action and your not vulnerable for an ambush. If they ask for it put sanctuary in the middle for emergency healing. Ruwach is always useful in WoE but your only problem will be stalkers with chasewalk. use suffragium on wizards if they have slow casting. use lex aterna on high HP jobs so that they will go down faster. Before going inside the castle use kyrie eleison on all your guildmembers including yourself. for statbuilds and equips maybe I'll post it later

fluidin

Do not listen to the guy above (no offense).

Go master BM. It's of utmost importance if you want to even be decently useful.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Bootleg

A priest in WoE doesn't need fast cast, but a lot of int/hp
You will likely be targeted first, since priests can protect the emp easily

Use asperio on the enemy emp breakers
Also safety wall/sanctuary on the emp so it never dies.

You should also try and maintain agi up/bless on the people who really need t.
Afterwards you can just delay all the attackers, and also make many classes useless

(Phenuma and Safety Wall :D )

Alice

Alright, well it's good to know instant cast doesn't affect Tarot Card of Fate.

Thanks for the tips~ ;D Some of these things I wasn't actually aware of so it's nice to learn some new things. Looks like I'm going to have to start practicing with bm now. Although it's probably going to take me a bit to get used to, it'd be better than me having to constantly switch between the three bars..

fluidin

Erm, btw, if you see a FS enemy prof charging in, you're pretty screwed. LP's gonna make YOU rather obsolete.

When that happens, just continue spamming Recovery, buffing with AB, KE and all, while Lex-ing enemy key squishies.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Sarin

I'd more recommend a few agi downs before lex aeterna. It has terrible delay and unless you're teamed with some big hitters like sinX or AD creators, it's not worth it.

freakyred

Quote from: fluidin on Aug 17, 2008, 07:57 AM
Do not listen to the guy above (no offense).

Go master BM. It's of utmost importance if you want to even be decently useful.
yeah I suggest you don't follow what "I" said because I forgot to log-out and my cousin being a new player in RO tried to act like a pro. Sorry if my cousin disturbed you in any way.

Gangster

freakyred

Quote from: Gangster on Aug 19, 2008, 01:49 AM
damn that was you cuz?? or you lie
my cousin does weird stuff ... one time I woke up in about 6:00 in the morning and he was playing the computer ...(I don't know how he got in the house)

Grape

A HP's WoE build should have High Vit, High Dex, Low Int (In multiples of 6), and around 30-50 Str for carrying capacity.
Your job is not to heal, there are 1000 things you could be doing instead to help your guild rather than wasting time and stat points using heal. Like mentioned, Battlemode is a necessity, you probably won't have any free slots for heal anyway. You should probably remind yourself to re-buff your party members every so and so minutes, buffing through party menu helps, though I do fail at it. You have to be alert and be ready to cast Pneuma/SW on your guildmates if there is an Asura/SB/AD/etc coming. If someone is attacking your emp, your first priority is to SW spam it, if you have other SW'ers and you think it's safe, you can put down a Sanc or a few, Aspersio is one of the last things you do, since Emp breakers tend to put on ED when Emp breaking. If a Prof uses LP on your emp, Lexing the Prof would help kill him if your Prof doesn't cancel the LP first. Lex A people to help your SinX/Creators/etc kill, and Dec Agi on  classes like WS. When precasting, spam Lex A or Dec Agi on people who come through. Hope that helps, I only play HPs when needed, so I don't have any experience with them.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Thirding Battlemode.

As for builds, iRO Wiki says: INT/VIT or DEX/VIT/INT. If you go for lower INT, you'll probably want Meditatio. If you skip DEX, you'll probably want to skip Sanctuary. And buff yourself first so that you'll know when your party member's buffs will run out.

Alice

Oh wow, more replies than I expected! :D

Thanks for all of the tips everyone~ Hopefully I will be a lot better in WoE now.

bleu

I just played started playing on my HP for WOE last week. So only been to WOE on HP once (apologies if some of my comments are inaccurate).

I believe there are different types of High Priest in WOE. Some are more focus on Buffing, some are more focus on tanking/breaking pre-cast, some are more defending (emperium especially) and others are a bit of everything. The role which u will play will determine the optimum built/skill choice/even gears.

I was playing the Emperium high priest. What Grape posted all very true.. wished I had read his post earlier. And this is my experence.

1. Emp breakers generally prefer to break the emp rather than attack the priest. That does not mean, they will not attack u. They might, but thats not what they came to do... their job is to break the emperium. Dont stand directly next to him. Place yourself in a safe place...safety wall yourself.
2. We cannot really prevent the emperium from breaking... all we can do is delay. We need to call for support to kill the threat immediately once the emperium is being attacked.
3. Are ice picks common in your server? Are they the preferred Emp breaking weapon? If yes... dont Angelus. Use a Spike to reduce your DEF (Hard and Soft) if u get targeted by ice picks. Safety Wall is always better...but with high ASPD emp breakers, it might not last very long.
4. Something I have not tried but plan to do in future (dont have enough Skill Points atm)
I think it could be interesting to have Magnus Exorcimus lvl10 placed on the emperium. Dont think any DD Undead Sinx will come near it. Your priest will need more DEX and INT if you plan to use MElvl10 (cool down time really sucks)
5. Dont spam Safety Wall all over the place. If the safety wall is empty (i.e. its not been occcupied), an intruder SinX can easily jump inside and be protected. The Emperium is actually only one cell. Top Right of cell. It just look bigger and as if covering 4 cells. I am still practicing to have only two safety wall at any time... Top Right of Emperium and myself. No other. (remember to double right click first... to get your bearings rite)
6. I rarely move about. Just Safety Wall, Sanctuary, Ruwacth and buff myself and anyone nearby. Repeat.
7. I am not there to support other guildies... even if a SinX is approaching the emperium and some guildies attacking him to stop his advances. I will not heal/buffing my guildies. Thats not my job. I will however, Lex Aeterna for the Champion to Asura or DEC AGI the SINX. I will prepare to protect the emperium making sure Safety Wall is on. Sanctuary. etc..

It can be a boring job... swt But luckily, I got to see some actions. So it was nice and interesting for me. Trying to learn a new role in WOE.

EDIT: 2nd day of WOE
If you are really good at protecting the Emp, u will find u will be targeted. lol... might even get a personal SinX who's objective is to take u down.