Champion Build

Started by Ascalon, Feb 17, 2009, 06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleu

Quote from: Ascalon on Feb 19, 2009, 12:56 PM
I was just wondering if FO isnt so effective if you arent on bragi; its a ranged attack so it have a damage reduction more than a melee.

I will make this brief. From the sounds of it, Ascalon knows what he should do now- which is great. A small misconception about reduction of damage in WOE. (eAthena default settings by the way)

// Melee damage adjustments (non skills) for WoE battles (Guild Vs Guild) (Note 2)
gvg_short_attack_damage_rate: 80

// Ranged damage adjustments (non skills) for WoE battles (Guild Vs Guild) (Note 2)
gvg_long_attack_damage_rate: 80

// Weapon skills damage adjustments for WoE battles (Guild Vs Guild) (Note 2)
gvg_weapon_attack_damage_rate: 60

// Magic skills damage adjustments for WoE battles (Guild Vs Guild) (Note 2)
gvg_magic_attack_damage_rate: 60

// Misc skills damage adjustments for WoE battles (Guild Vs Guild) (Note 2)
gvg_misc_attack_damage_rate: 60

As you can see, Finger Offensive damage will be reduced by only 40%. It's a skill, long range attack. It's reduction is no more than any other skilled attacks such as Asura or Investigate or even Soul Breaker. The 20% reduction in long range attacks is meant for non-skilled attack; like just shooting your arrows with a bow without using Double Strafe. I am not saying you have to use FO all the time, just use it if you see an opportunity for it. There may be situations where Asura is better - if a Sinx starts breaking my emp, I will Asura him without thinking /gg

Best of luck. It's tough being in a small guild but twice the fun  /no1

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: Ascalon on Feb 17, 2009, 06:46 PM
Str 71+19

Wow, the very first line in your build and it's already worthless.

Ascalon

Quote from: bleu on Feb 19, 2009, 09:01 PM
A small misconception about reduction of damage in WOE. (eAthena default settings by the way)

(cut)

Best of luck. It's tough being in a small guild but twice the fun  /no1

Oh, thanks. I've never checked it "manually" but ever thought ranged (both attack and skill) were reduced like a 10%~ more than melee. But as i see, ranged/melee attack have the same reduction, so i will use FO more than before.

You too.
Sure fun is more, and when you know your mates IRL and can talk with them while playing, thats a big incentive and you can maximize team's coordination, which on server with small guild woeing is one of the best weapon you can use.

Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on Feb 20, 2009, 02:05 AM
Quote from: Ascalon on Feb 17, 2009, 06:46 PM
Str 71+19

Wow, the very first line in your build and it's already worthless.

Like i said, that was a build which use mostly Asura, sometimes Palm and Occult. Or may you dont even read the previously posts, but whatever, i will provide a new one.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

It doesn't matter WHAT you use, all monk skills rely on STR to do damage.