[Non-Renewal] Is this Champ build any decent?

Started by Elementals, Apr 09, 2013, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elementals

Hey guys.
This is the first time I'm gonna try to build a champ, so I'm wondering if I'm doing this right, I have a ton of questions regarding gear, so hopefully someone can throw some light this way.

First of all, I'm building this champ for BG, as I don't really plan to WoE. I basically want to be able to kill most people I see with it, and not fall prey to stun too badly, so I'm guessing my 3 main stats will be Dex, Vit and Str.

For this end, this is the current build I'm aiming for:

http://calcx.wushuang.ws/pvp.html?caDbLbibwaba6bJababaiaapokababadaatnhcEaaaaaakXa

In case something goes wrong with that url, Equipment goes as follows:
Large Baphomet Horn (either atk or def)
+10 Luna kaleet (2x Hydra, 1x skel worker)
+7 Diablos Robe (Marc)
+7 Proxy (Nox)
Variant Shoes
2x Diablo Rings (Zerom)
Stalac Golem Sunglasses.

I will be utilizing Gloom boxes to up the dex during BG.
The main questions at the moment are:

1.- What should the stat distribution actually be? With this build, will my Asuras actually be strong enough against most players?

I honestly doubt I'll be able to 1HKO profs running around with pipe+LBH+ck+you know all the rest of the setup, so I'm trying to figure out a way to get close to that (if it is even possible).

2.-LBH(def) vs LBH(atk) and other gear.
I'm honestly not sure which is better between these 2 for my ends (decent survival, good Asura).
And in the meantime while I acquire them, I'm considering what to equip between a Vanberk Alice doll or a feather beret.
As for my accessory choices, I'm also not sure if 2 diablo rings is the way to go, or if I should go with orleans.

3.-The magic number for vit?
As a champ, can I expect to survive powerful SBs with around 15k hp, thus aim for a certain vit number? Or am I always going to drop to it and I should invest less in that department, or just up it to raise my resistance to stun?

4.-Carding choices
I'm a bit at loss regarding carding choices for pretty much everything I'm carrying.
With Diablo rings, should I add in 2 zeroms?
I'm also trying to see what's a good card to put into the proxy, leaning towards Nox card atm.

Hopefully someone can help me figure this out, thanks!

nile

I don't believe you copied the whole URL for the calc as it seems messed up.

1.- What should the stat distribution actually be? With this build, will my Asuras actually be strong enough against most players?
Actually it's really easy to one shot pretty much anyone other than full reduct pally/LK. BG actually has a better damage modifier than WoE (80% compared to 60%), so you don't need that much damage. ~80K raw damage should be plenty. A big part of your build is about what kind of dex you're aiming for.

Overall your stat build should be something along the lines of:
70+xx str
15+xx int
74+xx vit
95+xx dex

Alice Doll w Incubus is better than damage LBH. Slotted silver/gold RWC helm is the only thing better but might not be available on your server. The defensive LBH should only be an option if you have close to 97 vit and have enough damage, since the anti-stun and pot bonus makes it superior to reductions.

3.-The magic number for vit?
I suggest at least 90 total vit in BG and WoE but it's really preference. If your server has gypsys spamming Dazzler/Scream then 90+ is necessary.

4.-Carding choices
Diablo Rings are the best accessories. Zerom cards are the only option besides utility (Horong/Smokie/Marine Sphere). Horong card gives you Sight which is better than Ruwach but costs stats, I'd say it's worth it but up to you. Marine Sphere is just for revealing stealthed stalkers with Magnum Break. Stalactic card is entirely useless for you, the more vit you have the worse it is and it doesn't even affect stun duration. You should default an Incubus for more damage so you can get more vit. Your garment card should be Noxious or Raydric, depends on your servers BG is like.

As for weapons, I suggest you get a BG mace/fist if your server has them. Using a BG fist will give you higher attack speed with 1 agi which is just useful in general and one of the BG fists also lets you use instant asura by chance if you normal attack but this is mostly preference.

Elementals

Ah you're right nile, good thing I listed the gears lol, at least the stats remained untouched in that build, not that they were any good.

QuoteActually it's really easy to one shot pretty much anyone other than full reduct pally/LK. BG actually has a better damage modifier than WoE (80% compared to 60%), so you don't need that much damage. ~80K raw damage should be plenty. A big part of your build is about what kind of dex you're aiming for.

Overall your stat build should be something along the lines of:
70+xx str
15+xx int
74+xx vit
95+xx dex

I suggest at least 90 total vit in BG and WoE but it's really preference. If your server has gypsys spamming Dazzler/Scream then 90+ is necessary.

Ah I see, right now I got most of the gear farmed, so I can actually get away with super low int build. do you think 70+30 str will be enough to hit the 80k raw?
As far as dex goes, I'm also aiming for a pretty high number, I'm digging 130ish numbers, and through testing the other day, it seems that with foods,boxes and other items I can manage to reach 130 dex by sticking to a 95-97ish base number, though I guess I can't hit anywhere near 90 vit with that kind of dex .(Though given what you said regarding high vit not being that great, I could live with this)

There are definitely scream crazed gypsies all over, so high stun resistance/immunity is a nice thing to have. Since BG is really activeit becomes a really nice thing to have actually lol.
Alice Doll w Incubus is better than damage LBH. Slotted silver/gold RWC helm is the only thing better but might not be available on your server. The defensive LBH should only be an option if you have close to 97 vit and have enough damage, since the anti-stun and pot bonus makes it superior to reductions.

Ohh I see, thanks for the detailed insight, I would've never guessed Alice doll/incubus actually does a better job at boosting asura damage. RWCs do exist, albeit they're a bit expensive(And with good reason lol). And hm I see, seems like def LBH is not the way to go for me then lol, that saves me 300m. Actually RCWs cost around that on the server, so I'll probably go with that.

4.-Carding choices
Diablo Rings are the best accessories. Zerom cards are the only option besides utility (Horong/Smokie/Marine Sphere). Horong card gives you Sight which is better than Ruwach but costs stats, I'd say it's worth it but up to you. Marine Sphere is just for revealing stealthed stalkers with Magnum Break. Stalactic card is entirely useless for you, the more vit you have the worse it is and it doesn't even affect stun duration. You should default an Incubus for more damage so you can get more vit. Your garment card should be Noxious or Raydric, depends on your servers BG is like.

Thanks for the detailed explanation with utility cards!.
so you think it is worth it to card my D.robe with an incubus?
I could probably buy another one I guess...they're around 60m there.
And as far as garment card decisions go, it's pretty much gvg style dogfights, with bragi creos being the main DPS, so I suppose I'll go with nox.
>As for weapons, I suggest you get a BG mace/fist if your server has them. Using a BG fist will give you higher attack speed with 1 agi which is just useful in general and one of the BG fists also lets you use instant asura by chance if you normal attack but this is mostly preference.
do you think a +7 BG mace is better than my current +9 Double bloody boned luna kaleet? :o

thanks a lot for the detailed reply!

blucheez19

Quote from: Elementals on Apr 12, 2013, 12:44 PM

do you think 70+30 str will be enough to hit the 80k raw?
Yes, 100 total str should be plenty to hit 80k raw with the equips you are suggesting.

Ohh I see, thanks for the detailed insight, I would've never guessed Alice doll/incubus actually does a better job at boosting asura damage. RWCs do exist, albeit they're a bit expensive(And with good reason lol). And hm I see, seems like def LBH is not the way to go for me then lol, that saves me 300m. Actually RCWs cost around that on the server, so I'll probably go with that.
You can also consider using sorin doll's, if they are available.  It adds a bit to your survivability, and the slot lets you add an incubus for more damage.  The +2dex is also handy.  But RWC gold is probably better, due to higher flexibility with stats.

Thanks for the detailed explanation with utility cards!.
so you think it is worth it to card my D.robe with an incubus?
Incubus is a headgear card.  Stick with the marc.

do you think a +7 BG mace is better than my current +9 Double bloody boned luna kaleet? :o
BG mace will outperform a 2/1 lunakaleet.

thanks a lot for the detailed reply!